Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Cannot seem to figure ths out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Default Cannot seem to figure ths out...

So a few months back I noticed a creaking sound when I would go over speed bumps or turn the vehicle. However, it went away for awhile...now its back, and with a vengence!!! But the funny thing is, is that its only noticeable when its hot as hell outside...when I leave to go to work in the morning I hear nothing, when I leave to go places in the evening...nothing, but when I come home from work I hear it, and I am sure other people can hear it as well. Its totally embarassing...can anyone tell me as to why this is happening, and what its from??

Thanks everyone!!

Jeremy~

Old 06-18-2008, 07:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Cannot seem to figure ths out...

my brothers jetta did that, his jettas power steering pump when. although you didint say if it was hard to steer when not moving, so i cant be certain.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Cannot seem to figure ths out...

althougt my tt did that too, it was the sway bar. except the sway bar (stock can go due to two plastic clips on the sway bar) not replacable so youll have to either keep it stock or upgrade. Its an easy job, but i seems to have a pain getting the clamps that the bushings sit in closed. took a pair of pliers (channel locks i mean) and a friend. soo good luck if thats it. easy way to check, jack up the car, pull the wheel and grab the sway bar and pull it. (if you dont know what it is. it will have a link from the strut on the back that goes down and connects to that black arm behund the wheel hub. pull that) if it slides back abd forth thats your issue. H+R on ebay with warrany cheap!