Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

BYe byE to the Diode (stuff for sale too)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: FVCK the Diode (stuff for sale too)

ORIGINAL: Red_sapphire89

im not going to run a mbc ray say it holds strong to red line so why mess with it to get it to spool a wee bit faster not worth it to me
You really need to start reading forums instead of posting a new thread every other minute. If you did, you would notice that everyone that installs a mbc on a TT notice a huge improvement over the n75. A n75 just can not do what a mbc can do....PERIOD!!

TO sum it up for the incapable:

faster spool
smoother boost transition
hold boost longer.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:56 PM
2nd Gear

im not going to run a mbc ray say it holds strong to red line so why mess with it to get it to spool a wee bit faster not worth it to me
ok,

the MBC has a MAX boost setting and a Boost Onset setting -- onset is what will "help" your turbo spool a little faster. i managed to gain 3-400 rpm on my K03 with max boost set at 18Psi.

the XS MBC you haveONLY has a control for MAX boost, so if you thought you were playing with it to spool the turbo a little faster, then no wonder

the general idea of getting a manual bosot controller or an electronic BC is to be able to turn the boost up. with the exception that the EBC has a lot more features to fine tune the control etc.

IMO...The Boost Onset will not be a major factor for response turbos like the k03 or k04. when you go bigger yes i think that definetly it would be nice to get that extra 6-7 psi to make your Specified MAX boost a 3-400 rpm quicker. example t3/t4 spooling at 4kish if you can bring that down to mid 3ks then thats gold. ***note i have yet to put the boost onset to the test on a larger turbo so this is mearly speculation based on research and some prior experience***

FYI the n75 if fine for stock, but if you start tinkring here and there ... its a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: DurTTy

ok,

the MBC has a MAX boost setting and a Boost Onset setting -- onset is what will "help" your turbo spool a little faster. i managed to gain 3-400 rpm on my K03 with max boost set at 18Psi.

the XS MBC you haveONLY has a control for MAX boost, so if you thought you were playing with it to spool the turbo a little faster, then no wonder
The hpbc has a B&S and bleed.

B&S = faster spool and hold boost longer
Bleed = eliminates spikes and smooths out boost onset

Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM
2nd Gear

mkay. just did a quick search on it. thanks for pointing it out, i thought the xs was the one off the ebay for fair price, cant remember who else had it runnin aside from you it was like purple or pink or something.

but anyways, yea i dont see why the XS wouldnt work if its rigged up properly

Old 03-27-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm make believe

There are a couple dozen on this site running them. Its like $110 shipped on ebay. Its tiny and works far better on the stock turbo than any other mbc. Dont know if Zero posted it on here, but his issue was with the wastegate and not the mbc.

And its blue for the old one and all silver for the new ones..... Jerk!! [8D]

Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 PM
2nd Gear

ok maybe i will try the turbo xs i have are you guys saying run it inline with the n75 or should i delete the n75 if i delete it do i have to leave it plugged in? now i understand i didnt get it at first...anywyas whats the bestway to start with the settings

Old 03-27-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm make believe

Whats this? I guess the Red 5 rule is true! [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Start off like the directions state.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 PM
2nd Gear

ok i will try n75 no mbc then try mbc no n75 and see what happens i will post back next week with results

Old 03-27-2008, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear

there ya go a ncie pic ...

as you can see in the picture as well, the N75 is still plugged in and has not been taken out of the TIP. i would run a little hose to plug the 2 ends so you dont get any leak, but its up to you, another choice is just leave it plugged and put a rubber stopper where the n75 bung is on the TIP.

nate i thought pink was your favourite color [8D]lol

Old 03-27-2008, 03:33 PM
2nd Gear

hmm what does running it inline with the n75 do? vs deleting the n75 as nate did? sorry for all the noob questions

Quick Reply: BYe byE to the Diode (stuff for sale too)