Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

BYe byE to the Diode (stuff for sale too)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: FVCK the Diode (stuff for sale too)

ORIGINAL: .clipse

arite thx murder. c u at the tex!

edit: i jus saw his thread for the 180TTQ DPs. holy sht! $585 + shipping for one with cat? $490 shipped for test-piped ones? fck 180TT Quattros! expensive *** downpipes
That's cheaper than 42DD's 225Q downpipes...which isn't to say either are cheap [8D]

*hugs $100 FWD dp again*

I WOULD suggest getting a 4-bar FPR (as red did). Since he's going with water/meth meaning he can run some pretty crazy PSI in which case that little extra fuel might come in handy.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

Hey, intersted in the wheel bearings. Let me figure out which one I need. And I have the 180, would they be the same for the 225?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:54 PM
2nd Gear

sure i will sell you my old ones =) there no good but 5 bucks shipped

Old 03-25-2008, 11:04 PM
4th Gear

You make me wonder lots-uh thoughts!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:04 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: BYe byE to the Diode (stuff for sale too)

ORIGINAL: DurTTy

ORIGINAL: Red_sapphire89

I have had enough of the diode mod its complete BS and the dumbest mod ever for the 225. I am removing it today and sending my ecu to ray to Get UNI TUNED. The diode is fu cking witn my car, and you dont even gain but maybe 20hp. anyways with that out of the way I am getting ready to place a huge order for my car both maintenance and upgrades:
Wheel bearings
Turbo Hoses (forge silicone)
N75 High frequency from ecs tuning
green coolant sensor
sai pump resistor and block off plate
4 bar FPR
Complete silicone VAC hoses
cv rebuild kit my boots ripped and missing ****!
UNitronic from ray
modshack boost controller
I wouldnt go the route of the bolded mods, been there done that, waste of cash... NEXT!
if you really want just do a search, maybe cincy can post the link in the FAQ, there is a way to mod the OEM MAF housing to flow considerably more.. and its FREE!!!

---edit-- the maf mod has to do with removing the plastic vein on the outer part-----edit--

having said that for the price that you add up the bolded, just go electronic boost controller and you save $$.

Here is a good example: you get a FAR superior Boost Frequency valve over the N75 plus low and high boost setting, option for remote boost button, and easy to use.

If you want to spend a little more. This is the route i went, i will have a write up on installing and wiring and installing this puppy up soon

IF you really must have a manual boost controller, then i recommend you get a dual stage MBC.
the modshack MBC will do the same as the XS really plus boost onset
sell me your **** and boost machine then i will trade you hpbc and my stock maf housing

Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: DurTTy

I have had enough of the diode mod its complete BS and the dumbest mod ever for the 225. I am removing it today and sending my ecu to ray to Get UNI TUNED. The diode is fu cking witn my car, and you dont even gain but maybe 20hp. anyways with that out of the way I am getting ready to place a huge order for my car both maintenance and upgrades:
Wheel bearings
Turbo Hoses (forge silicone)
N75 High frequency from ecs tuning
green coolant sensor
sai pump resistor and block off plate
4 bar FPR
Complete silicone VAC hoses
cv rebuild kit my boots ripped and missing ****!
UNitronic from ray
modshack boost controller
I wouldnt go the route of the bolded mods, been there done that, waste of cash... NEXT!
if you really want just do a search, maybe cincy can post the link in the FAQ, there is a way to mod the OEM MAF housing to flow considerably more.. and its FREE!!!

---edit-- the maf mod has to do with removing the plastic vein on the outer part-----edit--

having said that for the price that you add up the bolded, just go electronic boost controller and you save $$.

Here is a good example: you get a FAR superior Boost Frequency valve over the N75 plus low and high boost setting, option for remote boost button, and easy to use.

If you want to spend a little more. This is the route i went, i will have a write up on installing and wiring and installing this puppy up soon

IF you really must have a manual boost controller, then i recommend you get a dual stage MBC.
the modshack MBC will do the same as the XS really plus boost onset
sell me your **** and boost machine then i will trade you hpbc and my stock maf housing
lol sold a long time ago, and like i said EBC is the way to go for modshack prices added up you might as well get ebc ... but .. your choice i think audiworld may have a few for sale

BTW, just wondering, the uni tune you getting is 3 or 4 bar ?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear

4 bar

Old 03-26-2008, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse

ORIGINAL: quattro411

ORIGINAL: Audi858

My 180 is smooth as hell infact it beats my friends chipped 225. You sir need to think before you "speak" well post instead of talkin out the a$$ ....
Your friend must have some serious issues with his TT then, or maybe a really bad driver. got a video?

yo quatt, when's tylor going to release the tCarbon 3" DP??

aaanyways...

the 225 diode mod was in fact a "beta" mod and not proven like the 180. btw, where has cincy been? he'd be all over this topic.

Not sure whats goin on with tcarbons downpipe. Last I knew 42's Downpipe was released, ttstuff actually has the street series in stock it looks like.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm make believe

Im sorry, but all your problems are all on you. Not one other person has the problems you have, so what does that tell you? THATS RIGHT, you screwed up. You did a poor job of either installing them or tuning them. Just buying differnt parts wont help you any. But since you seem to have plenty of money to **** away, have fun with that. You really should take peoples help when they give it also.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:46 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Im sorry, but all your problems are all on you. Not one other person has the problems you have, so what does that tell you? THATS RIGHT, you screwed up. You did a poor job of either installing them or tuning them. Just buying differnt parts wont help you any. But since you seem to have plenty of money to **** away, have fun with that. You really should take peoples help when they give it also.
he's got a point, are you sure you got it rigged up properly? take a pic of your wiring maybe we can spot somehting for you?

Quick Reply: BYe byE to the Diode (stuff for sale too)