Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Broken seat heater button

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Broken seat heater button

I was turning off my heated seats yesterday and as I went to push the button back into its spot it just kept going. Now it's like half an inch or so down the tube, with no sign of coming back anytime soon. Has this happened to anyone before? It's gettng cold and I want to keep my butt warm, plus it just looks bad and I don't want a broken car. Any ideas on what would need to be done to fix it and what it might cost me?

Old 10-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Default RE: Broken seat heater button

I think its an easy fix. Just needs re-set form behind. Try searching for a hazard relay install. Its the same procedure. You'll need to pull the radio out.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:14 PM
3rd Gear

[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

If the clip isn't broken it should pop right back in.

If not you might have to figure out a way to get it to stick in there.

Do not take it to a dealer, you won't walk out the door for less than $250. They will charge you for a new switch if it's just a busted clip.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear

LOL mine just did this the other day. I just havent made it up to somewhere to take my headunit out. The dealer took mine out last time but yeah I wouldnt have them work on it. Its the passenger seat for me so i'm not too worried. I might go fix it this week and I'll let you know.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:03 PM
1st Gear

me too man but mines happened after i did the hazard relay change out . i fixed it once then it happened again then fixed it again and it happened again then finally went to the dealership and they were like no the clips not broken so he fixed it for me and now it did it again. but my cars in the shop right now getting the good ol timing belt water pump deal and luckily my mechanics shop shares a garage with a audio place so ill try one more time to fix the stupid button

Old 10-30-2007, 04:06 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: qwert

me too man but mines happened after i did the hazard relay change out . i fixed it once then it happened again then fixed it again and it happened again then finally went to the dealership and they were like no the clips not broken so he fixed it for me and now it did it again. but my cars in the shop right now getting the good ol timing belt water pump deal and luckily my mechanics shop shares a garage with a audio place so ill try one more time to fix the stupid button
We might have to break out the ol duck tape.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

whatever works.....haha i live in texas anyways its not even cold down here im just glad the esp button doesnt sink in when i turn it on and off

Old 10-30-2007, 04:32 PM
3rd Gear

I hatethat damned ESPbutton...[:@]

It shouldknow when I want it off.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: WishIWasRWD

I hatethat damned ESPbutton...[:@]

It shouldknow when I want it off.
Your car should be smart enough to remember you turned it off and keep it off until you turn it back on again.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
2nd Gear

You may want Chuck norris to look at your car. And when i say look, I mean just look at it.

Quick Reply: Broken seat heater button