Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Bose Bass Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Default Bose Bass Upgrade

I'm sure its been asked before but I have to ask it again. Please dont just tell me to search for the answer because I DID and I CANT FIND IT.

Is there something we can do to increase the bass setting range?

I read a post yesterday that takes it out of Bose Concert or whatever and actually increases the quality. Maybe I just dreamed it though.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:37 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bose Bass Upgrade

I know you can turn the base up on the deck it's self. can't remember how. TT's been sitting for a few months now. *hiding from winter*

But i would be careful pushing them too hard. I know a lot of people with Bose and Infinity and Mach sound systems who maxed everything out on there deck and it didn't take long before the speakers started sounding like crap.
This happend to me on my TT before this one. nothing like having the speakers way up and both windows down haha.
Just stick a 10inch sub in the trunk thats what i would do.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

I am also curious, I was thinking of adding a bazooka tube, this would reduce the strain on the stock speakers...I wonder if there are pre-amp outs anywhere on this head unit? I hate to use a converter..

Old 01-11-2007, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

The stock bose sound system is a strange setup in itself. In a normal setup each speaker has two wires going back to the head unit, not so with bose. My best friend that has a 2000 came over for new years and we redid his and after removing all the factory stuff we had to run new wires for each and remove both the changer and amp as it would not work with an aftermarket system. Even though it was a lot of work and we had to remove wanted equipment it was still very worth it in the end. My 2002 was babied by it's previous owner and the system is almost perfect and the aftermarket, unamped, is unbelievably better. If you look at doing this let me know and I'll forward you a couple websites we used to help with removing panels and such.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:28 PM

I actually just wanted to know how to change the bass range adjustment using the factory HU. Found the post on Audiworld that tells you how. You need a Vag-Com and you can change the range to +/- 6 instead of 5 however with the option 6 the changes between 1 & 2 is greater than before.

Don't have a Vag-Com and don't want to blow any of the speakers either so I'm not going to do it. If you're still interested I'll see if I can find the post again and link it.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

That'd be awesome! I'd love to have for sound and give my friend a run for his money!!