Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Boostmachine in

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Boostmachine in

Alrighty, thanks. Now I read the little description of the BM on the modshack site... It appears to be more of a boost conditioner than controller. It seems like it primarily controls the quality and/or consistency of the boost rather than just changing the amount of boost.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm make believe

if i was going to spend the money for a BM, i would save little more and get a full ebc instead, but thats just me.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:26 AM
2nd Gear

What would be the difference/benefit of going that route? Additionally, will I have to have some gaudy device mounted in the interior of the vehicle? I don't mean to offend anyone but I'm not really big on big gauge pods and the little gadgets everywhere in the vehicle. If it'd be discreet or whatnot, then I'd be interested.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:31 AM
1st Gear

whats the difference between the BM and just a MBC like you got cincy?

Old 05-01-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm make believe

The boost machine is a little sophisticated bleed valve. Mine is a combination ball and spring and bleed valve. I can pretty much do the same thing as a BM by varing the percent ball and spring to percent bleed. The more ball and spring, the faster reacting and the more bleed the smoother it is and with no spiking. For the stock turbo i use more bleed valve than i would with a larger turbo because the bleeds make the stock turbo very smooth andnot spike. When i go back to a larger turbo, its gonna be about 85-90% ball and spring and the rest bleed.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

What would be the difference/benefit of going that route? Additionally, will I have to have some gaudy device mounted in the interior of the vehicle? I don't mean to offend anyone but I'm not really big on big gauge pods and the little gadgets everywhere in the vehicle. If it'd be discreet or whatnot, then I'd be interested.
A full ebc will let you have much more control of your boost, being gear or load depenent. Also you can easily switch from one boost setting to another on the fly (like in a drag race). YOu will have a larger controller in the cabin, but you can mount it in the glove box or somewhere else. So you can hide it and bring it out when you want to, but im sure if you set your boost in gears, then you would really have a need to change it.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:23 PM
2nd Gear

cincyTT:

A full ebc will let you have much more control of your boost, being gear or load depenent. Also you can easily switch from one boost setting to another on the fly (like in a drag race). YOu will have a larger controller in the cabin, but you can mount it in the glove box or somewhere else. So you can hide it and bring it out when you want to, but im sure if you set your boost in gears, then you would really have a need to change it.
At the risk of sounding ignorant, I honestly think that would probably be too much for me. For someone like you, with a vast knowledge base on the vehicle and the know-how to get the most out of an EBC; I would imagine it would be far superior. Unfortunately, I think I'd be swimming in the deep end without a floaty with one of those. I think sometimes utilities that are made to ultimately give more active control to the user can be couterproductive when given to someone that can't properly use it.
I know it will probably cost me more in the long run if I decide later on down the road to get deeper into it, but it'd be like giving a 30 band graphic equalizer to someone that hasn't mastered the "Bass" and "Treble" ***** first.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm make believe

EBC are a little more involved, but they are far better and more consistant than a mbc, but like i said above, with mine i have plenty of control with and is about $50 or so less than a BM and does practically the same thing. Hell, voodoo on ebay makes a generic version of mine, and its only $50. Far less complicated than a BM, and just as effective.