Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Blueflame Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Blueflame Impressions

Ok so I purchased the exhaust from someone local here in Chicago and within an hour I was under the car wrenching. Install was very simple, just took some wiggling and whatnot.

It is taking me a long time to get the tips aligned how I want them. They are even now but hang about an inch lower than I want them to. Could I bend the hangers slightly to bring it up a little higher?

Bending the heatshield is somewhat difficult because you dont know exactly where you need to until it is on already, then it is hard to get to it to bend it. Any suggestions?

Sound:

Wow. Perfect. I do not like loud exhausts. Thats why I chose this. It is slightly louder than stock and under full boost it sounds amazing.

Power:

So I noticed a loss of torque even when boost hits but higher in the RPM range it has picked up some power so I guess it evens out. The power surge that used to come so violently now comes on a little slower but gets stronger now throughout.

I think thats it. I can post pictures once I get the tips aligned. The PO ran a test pipe so the inside of the tips are so coated with carbon I cant clean them. Suggestions for that?

Really need these tips up an inch, thats my current priority. Also threw a K&N drop in on and it is the perfect intake sound I was trying to get because all the cones were too loud for my taste.

Overall Im impressed, just hammer out these fitment issues and it will be perfect!

Old 12-18-2008, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

since i got my dp put in my tip hangs lower, apparently when you work on that crap under there it stretches out the rubber thing that holds the exhaust up.

i heard they are cheap to replace and will have your exhaust sitting up high again.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

Good to know. So I bent the hangers and bent the heat shield even more and now it is looking almost perfect.. Now I am 100 percent happy!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:57 PM

i'm wondering if the dp would make it louder or if cutting the resonator off would be the way to go. i m happy with mine but would like a lil louder. i'm waiting to do the dp before i take out the res. i'm hoping that will make it a lil louder. nutting crazy tho.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

haha you didnt buy the one off craigslist did you? I was goning to buy that but i want a louder exhaust.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

i cant recall if i noticed a difference in noise since i had my DP? i dont have a custom exhaust though, just stock with no cat.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:03 PM
1st Gear

LOL yes I did buy the exhaust off craigslist. I think it has a perfect tone for my taste and it looks amazing!

Old 12-19-2008, 01:31 AM
4th Gear

i just cut the heat shield of mine... tips are slightly off, but it doesnt really bother me, and too lazy to fix it up in the snow

Old 12-19-2008, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

the whole shield or just in that area where it comes through?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:55 AM
4th Gear

i just sharpened up a pair of cutters and cut away just where the exhaust comes through... very simple, cut up one side, then the other, then just bent it back and cut off the rectangular section... wear thick gloves, its sharp

Quick Reply: Blueflame Impressions