Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Blow off valve question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 09:42 AM
1st Gear
Default Blow off valve question

So, im extremely new to the turbo scene, but I know my fair share to squeak by. I figure that as my first mod, I really want to upgrade the blow off valve to a Really nice performing/sounding one. Do any of you have clips of your aftermarket BoV's up here I can take a listen to?
I would Really love to find the type of BoV that produces the sort of "Thrush" sound. To me, that just screams Power over the high pitched ones.
After browsing youtube for a bit, I came across "Blitz super sound BoV" Sounds just the way id want, but Performance>Sound. Any one running Blitz?

Old 03-10-2007, 01:09 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Blow off valve question

Check the FAQ at the top of this thread for some answers...

Old 03-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm make believe

no blitz, sorry. It willbe openat idle and you may even cause the car to stall when you shift. And when i say MAY, i mean more than likely.

2 bov's that you can use are the hks ssqv (but is high pitched, but there are other inserts) and the other option is a twin piston design like i have. you can get a forge 004 from ecstuning.com This is more of the sound you are looking for. When you first put it on, you will notice some hesitation after you shift but after about a week the ecu learns this rich condition and corrects it. Mine runs perfect now.

*grabs chair and popcorn waiting for the "you need a dv guys"*

Old 03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

hehe im new here but.... YOU NEED A DV aka Diverter Valve! Get the Forge 007p good sounding DV(one i put in my car)or the EVOMS one sounds good as well, my friend has one on his GTI sounds great. I don't know about the Hyperboost DV's never heard one before.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm make believe

Theres 1....lol

I may need more popcorn.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:10 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: krnaudi

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

hehe im new here but.... YOU NEED A DV aka Diverter Valve! Get the Forge 007p good sounding DV(one i put in my car)or the EVOMS one sounds good as well, my friend has one on his GTI sounds great. I don't know about the Hyperboost DV's never heard one before.
+1 on the evoms dv...i have one and it sounds really good

Old 03-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm make believe

not my car but same valve as i use. pics from ecstunings website

Now im really going to need some more popcorn.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:51 PM
3rd Gear

you can run pretty much any BOV as long as you make it recirculating..i love the sound mine makes a very deep Thrush sound not high pitched just sounds simply amazing...my buddu with the supra runs a HKS SSQV and hated the high pitched sound and all the inserts it came with..so he made it recirculate and now its very hard to here it. I have the forge 007 and the modshack TTDA (modded to VDTA right now till i do the Front feed) and its awesome.. my 2 cents

Old 03-11-2007, 05:10 AM
1st Gear

Cincy, how is your throttle response with the Forge BoV setup? Also I did a side by side comparison of the DV (Forge007 Polished) and the BoV (Forge005 I think polished) and they Both seem to be the same to me? Or is there a small difference between one another

Old 03-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm make believe

after the ecu adjusted to the bov it runs flawless. Im stilltrying to find the timefortaking vacuum from the manifold instead of the weak vacuum line that comes from the n249 boost suck box! This will give me faster response and hold the bov opena tad longer.

Quick Reply: Blow off valve question