Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Best First MODS

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Best First MODS

ORIGINAL: Palindari

That Dakota Digital reminds me of my '89 240SX - it had a digital speedometer and a heads up display. Loved that! Would be cool to get that back again...

So what items can you get from them?
They've got a lot of different digital gauges. I am thinking about the tire temp/pressure sensors down the road. For regular analog style gauges check out Tcarbon and Summit Racing.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:57 PM
4th Gear

No turbo boost gauges though...

Old 11-16-2006, 01:12 PM
1st Gear

Let me save you $100 on the intake. Check out Spectre (read my other posts for Performance Feedback). Their intake has been a success on my car. I routed it to the front left grill on my 225 right above the intercooler. It feeds nothing but cold air and gave me a loud (coveted) "woosh" sound which is both helpful if you like to keep in tune with your enginges breathing and aesthetically nice.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:01 AM
2nd Gear

speaking of.... what is the BEST intake?

Cost isn't an issue.... what should I buy...what are you using?

I'm scared to buy a cheap intake on ebay....however do they work?....is borla the best for intake?....

I remember there is someone on here that is running lines to the front of there car for there intake.... what type is that?...how much did it cost?

Old 11-17-2006, 11:51 AM
1st Gear

Let me save you $100 on the intake. Check out Spectre
I checked out their site and don't see an intake or kit for audi's.... Am I missing something???

Old 12-15-2006, 02:06 AM
1st Gear

I introduced myself to the forum a while back ago, but rarely post. I've been building touring performance show cars for over 7 years and have recently started on my newest project with a TT.

I wasn't happy with the aftermarket support for intakes, (no offense to Steve, Neuspeed or anyone else) but I figured I could do something just as good or better with the help of a couple of my mechanic sponsors.

I contacted www.spectreperformance.com and asked for the following parts

(1) Stainless Steel Power Adder Filter (P1)
(1) Stainless Air Filter Shield
(1) 4ā€¯ to 3ā€¯ black coupler with clamps
(1) 4ā€¯ Straight 4ā€¯ Diameter Polished Aluminum Modular Pipe
(1) Intake duct filter adapter (I assume itā€™s compatible with the stainless steel filter?)
(1) 30ā€¯ air duct with memory flex in chrome
(1) Intake duct Mounting plate

The whole kit cost me under $150. And took 2 hours to install on my TTQ225. Install was done by Performance Import Group in Atlanta area (PM me for a great referal deal if youre around here).

Results?
I now have a custom shielded, chrome, cold air intake that feeds from the front bumper opening right below the intercooler piping. The intake has generated much better low end response and an amazing difference in the sound of my stock Bosch DV (Forge on the way). Engine sound is not annoying by any standard, little bit of a throatie roar on higher RPMs that somewhat makes driving my TT a whole different experience.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:12 AM
1st Gear

Thats from my old post. All the instructions are there. I run lines to the front gill of my Hofele kit (and used to the stock bumper too). The setup sounds mean, and definetly added HP/TQ you can feel. (Sorry I can't substantiate it with a dyno yet). I only put the best of the best on my cars. Money wasn't an issue for me either, but it's nice to know I got a great value.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:51 AM

the first mod on any list for a driver should always be suspension second brakes. fact: i will burn your chipped, and exhaust tt with a stock motor tt with full suspension and brakes. control is everything, those that think otherwise....lets just say i cant wait to buy your car for parts from the insurance auction.

here is my mod list and what i always reccomend

1. Coilover suspension ( will add performance to every aspect of your car and is safer for those that drive hard)
2. Brakes ( being able to to stop fast is priceless)
3. wheels and tires or just tires (this is how the car interprets all its actions to the road, if you ever watch any racing its always about tires)
4. chip

really you should always knock out the suspension and brakes first. they will never have to be messed with again and the safety is priceless. Most people just want the power and go straight for the chip, when you make more power your foot will become heavier, you will be going faster and every little bit will help with control.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

Ray,
I completely agree with you. But the stopping and handling power of the TT is quite impressive stock. Far capable of handling minor performance mods. So if you're looking to start slowly and not dump $2000 into brakes and suspension, and just want a little more fun and sound. Get yourself an intake.It's a great starter mod you'll walk away smiling from.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:33 PM

i agree a little intake wont hurt, but i still stand by what i say for anyone who plans to really work there cars. i personally think the tt's braking and handling are sub par from the factory but everyone style is different.

Quick Reply: Best First MODS