Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Avoiding drilling holes in my bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Default Avoiding drilling holes in my bumper

Help!
I bought my car in Michigan where no front license plate is required. I've recently moved to New York where a front plate is required. I have an '09 TT and I REALLY don't want to drill holes in my bumper for my NY plates. It would KILL Me! Any suggestions? Some sort of a bracket maybe??

Old 03-20-2010, 07:28 PM
2nd Gear

Just go illegal without a front plate. Thats how I roll!!

Old 03-21-2010, 12:54 AM

i really hope this works for u AudiChiq ! they have a video on how it works.
http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/inde...9f31e771cba318

Old 03-21-2010, 08:17 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by jakej
Just go illegal without a front plate. Thats how I roll!!
Yeah,"cuz tickets make you cool!". if your gonna give bad advice, you might as well give NO advice.

Dont listen to that gabage, he's not paying for your tickets. Find some old crappy speakers, or some other source for nice sized magnets. Glue them to the back of your plastic license plate insert. That way your legal, not drilling holes in your bumper, and you can take it off when ever you want. Good luck.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Administrator

AudiChiq, where in NY are you moving and when? We are having a meet in late April and if you're going to be here by then you should definitely come.

Definitely mount the plate - NY police will be all over you (even moreso now that the state is in a financial crisis). You could always use a bracket that mounts underneath part of the bumper so the drill holes would not be visible.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 PM

ok so my link is donkey ****. here you go again.
heres what the bracket does [youtube]vYzJ9kBmbas&feature=related[/youtube]

and hopefully this link will get u to a page to order one...they do have motorized ones , and just regular ones like in the vid.
http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/prod...oducts_id=3922

Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 PM
3rd Gear

Wouldn't it be easier to just find some big *** magnets and glue them behind your bumper..? No reason to BUY anything except for glue.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:09 PM

pry because she doesnt want to remove her bumper to do it... or to remover the belly pan to snake her arms up there to stick them on....she doesnt have a euro plate like us

and a $60 bracket is quite less then a $140 ticket from a Cop.
plus she lives in a biiiig *** city and... around here. plates get stolen alot.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear

In Wisconsin its a fix it ticket for no front plate or pay $80. Its also illegal to have your plate held in place with anything other then screws or rivits (duct tape or magnets won't fly), but I doubt you would get cought for using magnets.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the video Lenny. Hopefully they offer rush shipping. Plates are coming next week. Haven't seen anything for NY that says plates have to be bolted on. I hate front plates....why bother designing the front of a car to look nice if you are going to require a big piece of metal on the front?!

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Avoiding drilling holes in my bumper