Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

audi twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Default audi twin turbo

hi yall, im looking to buy a used audi turbo(is that a single turbo, do they sell a twin turbo?). well im pretty new to the audi's know nothing about them but there expensive brand new.lol well my question is are there any problems with these vehicles? do they normally last a long time? i come from a import history, honda mitsu toyota,so when i say last a long time, comparably to the above manufactors. i currently drive a 06 eclipse four cylinder, lookin to get the audi and give the old lady the eclipse. im looking for something with more get up and go, i love turbo engines thats what attracted me to the audi. well please inform me with all the goods and bads about owning a audi. thanks for the help! oh one last thing, im 6'2 anybody else that tall out there that owns one? wasnt sure if i would be to tall to fit in it

Old 03-26-2006, 05:29 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: audi twin turbo

audi does make twin turbo models but not in the TT they are single turbo with single intercoolers and the TT225 has twin intercoolers! I guess it depends on the style your looking for personally i think the TT is the best in the line in terms of value for money. I owned a 99 A6 loaded and loved it, but i felt the need for speed so i got the 225hp TT and love it. As for durability there good if you keep up on the maintance the biggest flaw is the timing belt must be changed every 60k miles! Why do you want the twin turbos? The S4 and A6 2.7T are some twin turbo models.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanAudiA6

audi does make twin turbo models but not in the TT they are single turbo with single intercoolers and the TT225 has twin intercoolers! I guess it depends on the style your looking for personally i think the TT is the best in the line in terms of value for money. I owned a 99 A6 loaded and loved it, but i felt the need for speed so i got the 225hp TT and love it. As for durability there good if you keep up on the maintance the biggest flaw is the timing belt must be changed every 60k miles! Why do you want the twin turbos? The S4 and A6 2.7T are some twin turbo models.

x2[8D]

Old 03-26-2006, 06:51 PM

i wasnt actually lookin for the twin turbo version, sorry for the confusion, i meant that as a question, because i read a review on it and it confused me i've never seen a car that had two intercoolers with only one turbo. i am looking to get the tt225 and the ones i were looking at were around 50k miles, so you say i should changed the timing belts? is that expensive for the audis or is it reasonable like a honda or mitsu. any other preventive maintance you would suggest after i got the car? you think the dealer would have done all this maintance before its being sold? well thanks for the info, sorry for so many questions i normally dont buy a used car, normally new but the audi's i cant afford new! lol

Old 03-26-2006, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: 06gs

i wasnt actually lookin for the twin turbo version, sorry for the confusion, i meant that as a question, because i read a review on it and it confused me i've never seen a car that had two intercoolers with only one turbo. i am looking to get the tt225 and the ones i were looking at were around 50k miles, so you say i should changed the timing belts? is that expensive for the audis or is it reasonable like a honda or mitsu. any other preventive maintance you would suggest after i got the car? you think the dealer would have done all this maintance before its being sold? well thanks for the info, sorry for so many questions i normally dont buy a used car, normally new but the audi's i cant afford new! lol
Ask the dealership about the timing belt...if it hasn't been replaced I would go ahead and do it...just so you don't have any headaches later. If you're worrried about tune up fees and expenses then I wouldn't get an audi ...Just my opinion....The TT 225hp is dual side mount intercoolers(as well as a little bigger turbo)...it's nothing crazy or fantastic just a little better over the 180hp version (single SMIC).

Old 03-26-2006, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

One more thing to add- TT doesnt stand for TwinTurbo it means tourist trophy FYI

Old 03-26-2006, 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremy@ConceptDub

Ask the dealership about the timing belt...if it hasn't been replaced I would go ahead and do it...just so you don't have any headaches later. If you're worrried about tune up fees and expenses then I wouldn't get an audi ...Just my opinion....The TT 225hp is dual side mount intercoolers(as well as a little bigger turbo)...it's nothing crazy or fantastic just a little better over the 180hp version (single SMIC).

why do you say that, is it expensive for repairs? im lookin for a daily driver

Old 03-26-2006, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremy@ConceptDub

why do you say that, is it expensive for repairs? im lookin for a daily driver
Can be expensive...are you handy? It'll help a lot...Yea ...as long as you don't start tuning it too much (really tempting) you'll be alright...just get the timing belt replaced...run synthetic and keep it maintained you'll be alright!!

But honestly...YES ...AUDIs can be expensive if you have problems!!

Old 03-26-2006, 08:43 PM
3rd Gear

just do the normal stuff when u get it like syn oil,spark plugs,TIMING BELT is the biggest pain in the *** if you've never done one dont try with the tt pay someone to do it 270 for the kit inlcudes rollers idle pully and all the belts from dieselgeek.com and do brake pads, lines maybe oh yea the haldex unit's fluid and filter for the AWD has to be changed every 20k 120 bucks at the dealer or around 60 for the fluid and filter plus u need a special wrench $40 at modshack.info website. all this comes with the TTs but they are well worth it!!!