Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi TT Do It Yourself Library now at AudiDIY.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 07:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi TT Do It Yourself Library now at AudiDIY.com

audidiy, you really do need permission to index other site's content. They could easily shut you down and adsense or not - it is still "for profit".

Its a nice idea - I was going to do something similar, but only for the TT specifically - and I wasnt going to spam with ads - adsense or otherwise. Paypal donations actually bring in better revenue on niche sites than tower adsense ads.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:39 PM
5th Gear

I know of 2 different sites that have DIY's for just about anything you might need to do. I use them both extensively, here, I'll link them for you.

https://www.audiforums.com/tt.asp?forumid=6

http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/

Amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm make believe

[sm=closed.gif]

Old 08-19-2007, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

They can't shut you down for linking to other sites content. As long as the content itself isn't held on the said users server.
I personally don't see this as spam but can understand how most would. I think it's just a case of taking the wrong approach to helping out the community.

The idea in itself is great (audi do it yourself), but should be taken back to the drawing board.

I'm going to look at this site as a not-for-profit site (other then Google AdWords). I'm pretty sure that there is very low revenue being generated from this. If the site owner was interested in making it profitable by using other sites (AudiForums / VWVortex / AudiWorld) content, then we should look further into why this could be a problem; it's pretty obvious. If the goal was to make a profit, I would suggest to build some sort of relationship with the owners of each site you're linking too. I would then put more attention into developing the site so that it not only has linked content, but original content of its own that could possibly help out the community.

This site could actually do very well in the search engines which leads me the next paragraph...

I myself am on the positive side for this site because I can see it as a useful reference for those who are looking for this information. The fact that it is linking to the actual posts isn't a bad thing either because it drives traffic and possible new memberships to the linked site which in turn is good for advertisers (paid banner ads). As he stated, this is a portal site; there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

People are quick to label things as "SPAM" - I wouldn't worry too much about it. I personally feel that there is room for AudiDIY.com as long as the vision of the site is clear.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:36 PM
4th Gear

Doesn't UneekTT have something like this... but with knowledgeable write ups.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm make believe

Old 08-20-2007, 06:55 AM
1st Gear

he is using ads to generate revenue on content that is not his own, without written permission to repost the content. if all he has is an index of links, then its allowable, but in the same sense... why have a site that links to all the wrong articles for the TT?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm make believe

So you can say you have something.