Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

alarm and electronics question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 07:10 PM
1st Gear
Default alarm and electronics question

does my tt ( 2000 180 fwd) have a motion sensor in it.. I locked it with windows down one day and reached in with out touching anything and the alarm went off. WOW so i tried again same thing... i played with the auto windows with the key in the hole a few times but now the motion sensor wont work anymore.... also what is the button in the middle of the gas and hatch release....? I have no manual and a bad lcd so any info on the menu screens that can be displayed... i have some lines missing and some times it says crap i cant read???

Old 04-22-2007, 09:57 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: alarm and electronics question

Mine has one, I was told the sensor is in the vent looking thing above your dome light buttons.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:56 PM

that button in the middle is the motion sensor button. if you push it while you have the drivers side door open it will disable the motion sensor. you have to repeat this everytime you want the motion sensor turned off while the alarm is on as it resets it self everytime you unlock the doors.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:07 AM
4th Gear

haha ive been trying to figure out to turnmine off cause i was having fun with it one day... haha thanks

Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 PM
1st Gear

how do i turn it back on it stoped working

Old 04-24-2007, 10:45 PM
5th Gear

its on by default. sometimes its not quite sensative enough though, i believe that can be adjusted with vag-com.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: achTTung

its on by default. sometimes its not quite sensative enough though, i believe that can be adjusted with vag-com.

Any idea which ## modifies it??

Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 PM
5th Gear

not w/o searching.

I'm bored, i'll look a bit.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

Anything yet? No luck with my links. It would be nice to know what all you can do with VAG for our our cars.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:25 PM

this might be useful even though its the roadster

Self-diagnosis of interior monitor[/align]Function on Audi TT Roadster[/align]

The interior monitor in the Audi TT Roadster consists of:

â—†Interior monitor transmit/receive module 1 -G303
â—†Switch for interior monitor -E183 [/ul]
A new interior monitoring system has been developed for the Audi TT Roadster, especially suitable for convertibles.
The transmit/receive module -G303 is located between the front seat in the centre console, below the handle recess of the handbrake lever in position -1- and can be fitted hidden in the centre console.
The interior monitor works in principle like a pulse radar. The demand on the system is a sharply defined theoretical "protective sphere" in a hemispheric dome shape, penetration of which is at all times recognised. This sends an alarm signal to the CL control unit and triggers the alarm.
Due to the physical properties of the hemisphere, certain areas in the vehicle cannot be monitored, or are screened by various seat positions.
Metallic objects in the area of the sensor module screen off the microwaves. This can result that in certain areas (behind metallic objects) no triggering of the alarm is possible, or in extreme cases, no triggering of the alarm is carried out.
If the monitoring signal changes, the central locking control unit -J429 triggers the alarm.
The sensor module is equipped with comprehensive self-diagnostic features. If malfunctions occur in system components, fault codes are stored in fault memory of control unit. The faults can be read out using the V.A.G 1551 or V.A.G 1552 fault reader as well as VAS 5051.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12092/25C561BEEBAA473B97EEA7A80C1F3FD9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: alarm and electronics question