Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Adjustable front camber plates installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Default Adjustable front camber plates installed

I finally did it. i installed a set of camber plates and it wasnt too bad. as many know by now i fabricate everything i need. so for this project i wasnt too thrilled with the options for adjustable camber plates for the tt. we can get k-mac, the cheaper eccentric bushings and i'm not sure who else has a good kit available yet. I know ground control had something for the golf which works as well and some other ones. i just didnt like the $300+ price tag. i basically took the design from the k-mak and used Cusco adjustable camber plates. the design is simple the plates are a circle with 3 ends that stick out slightly. i pressed the studs out of the 3 ends, groud the plates to a perfect circle and the redrilled the studs in apropriate positions to the strut tower. i now have a ton of adjustment and i can also go back to stock . the circle of the cusco plates was a perfect fit in the underside of the audi tt suspension mount, just like the k_mac plates. except these have 4 allen bolts that loosen for adjustment and the adjustment is in a line, instead of free roaming. the plates came from a new EVO and cost me $130 on craigslist. you can also find them on e-bay. the shock nut they come with, which must be used on the mounts, has to be tapped to a M14X1.5 thread right now it is a m12x1.25. so this is the next size up and it is easily tapped. my machine shop did it in a few minutes. i would say this was the easiest mod yet. but it is not for the faint of heart. you better have some skill at disassembling your front suspension. took me about 3 hrs for the first side and 1.5 for the second side. as far as grinding, drilling measuring etc. the mounts are also really good. and will stiffen up your ride and make it tighter. my stock bushing were shot. i'll drive them around for a while and post the results. if they don't work (which i highly doubt) my next post will start with "My car is Fu@*ed, heres why"

Old 09-27-2007, 06:20 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Adjustable front camber plates installed

Honestly, I'm very jealous of you. I do all my own maintenance... and I fabricate all my own interior mods (mostly from an extensiveaudio application background) but I just don't have the tools, equipment, or know-how to engineer my own performance parts. I think that has got to be absolutely the best sense of accomplishment. Hell, I only know how good it feels to mod my car with premanufactured parts and I love that.

If you plan on putting this kit into production... and can put together a package price for both the control arms and camber plates.. I will buy a full set this week. My suspension workis soon approaching and I like the attention to detail and TT specific vantage point you had when designing all this stuff. Much more inclined to buy from you than elsewhere.

PM me if you're interested in making a few $$

Old 09-27-2007, 07:09 AM
5th Gear

Hell, I just bought the kmac stage 1 kit, and if I don't have an aligned car today, I'd be interested in your setup. Its been a total bitch, I put in about 3 hrs with the alignment guy yesterday. The eccentric rear bushings are totally awesome, their front kit is a piece of ****, and is damn hard to get aligned, unless I did something totally wrong, which I doubt, Im usually pretty good with this stuff.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:41 PM

i dont know if i will produce the front plates. for only one reason. i could machine the slider plate just fine, and it would be about 120 for a pair, but then i would have to buy a set of camber plates as well to use the ball joint portion. it wouldnt be cost effective. to machine a hole camber plate is a possibility, but i wouldnt break even unless i sold about 15-20 kits. the rear control arms are easier but the cmamber plates are more complex.