Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

ABS/ASR....Brake light bulb warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:55 PM
1st Gear
Default ABS/ASR....Brake light bulb warning

I have a 2000 TT. Recently the ASR and ABS lights have been illuminated on my cluster. However, occassionally I will start the car and they won't be lit but most of the time they are. I have been reading other posts and it sounds like a sensor needs to be rigged but if anyone has any other ideas let me know.

Also my brake lights bulbs warning light has been showing up on the display along with the beep when I brake. This too is not an everyday thing but more often then not. I have checked all the bulbs and fuses nothing seems to be malfunctioning. The 3rd brake light is also working correctly. Any ideas on what this could be and how I can get rid of that freakin beeping???

Old 05-19-2008, 08:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABS/ASR....Brake light bulb warning

I am having the same problem with my 01 TT my mechanic says that its a coding issue w/ the computer and it needs to be recoded or replaced by audi

Old 05-22-2008, 12:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABS/ASR....Brake light bulb warning

The bulb problem is a parking light out. I was mistaking the headlight bulb indicator warning for the brake light. Had to go to the manual for that one. As far as the ASR/ABS lights on, it's not really causing any problems so I think I'm going to let it ride for a while.