Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

A4 toatled, lookin at this nice TT, need opinions nOOb...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:56 PM
2nd Gear
Default A4 toatled, lookin at this nice TT, need opinions nOOb...

Whats up guys, i just recently just toatled my a4, pics here and i found THIS TT out on autotrader.

Is there anything with a year 2000 that i should be aware of? is there any thing like the timing belt, or pixels going out that i need to be worried about?

i need some advice and help here guys, hook it up audiforums!

thx

-Z

Old 10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A4 toatled, lookin at this nice TT, need opinions nOOb...

if its in your budget, and you are interested in getting a quattro anyways, get a 225 tt (6spd dual exhaust, bigger turbo (k04 vs k03) extra intercooler, etc. youll be happy you had the extra hp/tq, happy hunting.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:34 PM
2nd Gear

thx, but its not in my price range... lol

is there anything i need to know about this car b4 buying it?

Old 10-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm make believe

most of the people on here with the least amount of problems are us with a 2000. Me being one of them.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM
2nd Gear

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3443644

Scroll down to "buying a TT"

For the most part, being similar engines, the stuff to know about the engine isn't much different...timing belt, chipping etc.

Other smaller typical stuff:
-DV was busted ($130 Forge 007 replaced it)
-Parking lights were burnt out (they're $10 a pop, it's annoying)
-Glove box latch came off in my hand...that was really frustrating because I loved how smooth the glovebox was.
-Aliens didn't work. It was the fuse. After I replaced the fuse they leaked...
-If it has the 6 disc changer make suer the magazine isn't missing. It's a $40 part or so.
-Hatch cover is sometimes missing

Old 10-23-2007, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2000. Don't have many problems at all. I had to do the Timing Belt, I did it when I hit 74k I think. I would imagine the timing-belt on that car has been done, if not it's definitely close to on its last leg. Other problems I've experienced:

Front Engine Mount Bushings - You may or may not have to replace this, many do. If you ever find an absolutely disgusting creaking suspension noise, more than likely this is the cause. ttstuff.com has a new mount with bushings for around $40 I believe.
Seats, from the pics on auto-trader those seats are identical to mine. Hopefully won't cost too much to fix.
Dash, I, along with many others have a lot of pixels in the display wearing out. I just turn the thing off, not too big a deal.
Sometimes I have intermittent passenger side window problems, where it won't roll down for a day or two.
Window seals, I can't seem to get any help on this one. I have a good amount of road noise (only at 70+mph), and water seeps in during rain and car wash. Minor, but annoying.

I've had the car for over a year now, and so far I find the car to be pretty solid. All problems I've experienced have been minor annoyances, and with a lil time and money can be overcome. I have the 180, the only option avail in 2000, and Quattro. This car, while slightly underpowered is still absolutely fun to drive. Maintenance/Mods, as I'm sure you are aware, get expensive. You're already an Audi owner, so no need to get into that. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it enough to purchase it.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
4th Gear

The 2000's are great, as previously stated.
Just keep in mind there are a lot of TT's for sale out there. Don't jump at the first one you see because of the little price tag.
For a little more you could get one with much fewer miles.

Sorry to hear about your accident, glad all involved are okay!
Audi > Dodge!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:54 PM
4th Gear

Audi > Dodge!
amen!

Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM

It looks like a clean little car and for the price it looks like a good deal. I'd take it and have it checked out first. If the owner is cool they should have no issue with that. The one owner thing can be plus. Do they have their service records for the car?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

i too went from a totaled A4 to a TT (2000) love it, but i'll state the obvious... less room!

Quick Reply: A4 toatled, lookin at this nice TT, need opinions nOOb...