Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

42DD Pipe on the way........

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Default RE: 42DD Pipe on the way........

That youtube.com video was of a system that had no muffler. That car sounds like a tractor. My car sounds nothing like that. Shame you made a purchase decision based on incomplete facts. APR really needs to put up some sound clips on their website. The system I have sounds awesome. I don't have a decent video camera or I'd post a sound clip.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:00 PM
2nd Gear

My decision was not based on incomplete facts......where did that come from? Did you not read the posts I made fully?
I based my final decision off of my preference and what the manufacturer of the product, APR stated to me over the phone. Their words...It is pretty loud and is something that I should consider when going to their full 3". I am also not gonna gamble 1100 on a catback thatI may or may not be happy with due to sound, this car is currently my daily driver. I have heard tons of sound clips of the setup I haveordered the 42DD and the Borla andI like those. I think I will be happy with the sound and performance.

Yes I do agree they need to put up some clips.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:05 PM
3rd Gear

Yeah, a youtube video of a car with no muffler isn't exactly a good representative of the system.

They really should put up some vids of their own, even if they have to host them on youtube or streetfire

Old 08-21-2007, 08:45 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

That youtube.com video was of a system that had no muffler. That car sounds like a tractor. My car sounds nothing like that. Shame you made a purchase decision based on incomplete facts. APR really needs to put up some sound clips on their website. The system I have sounds awesome. I don't have a decent video camera or I'd post a sound clip.
Man I do wish you had something because I really would love to hear it.......

Old 08-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm make believe

Get something 2.75" like a blueflame/forge

Old 08-22-2007, 05:07 PM

I'm picking up a microphone for my camera (it has video capability.) I'm going to make a short video of my car at idle, part/full throttle and a drive away. I should have it posted on either photobucket.com or youtube.com this weekend. I'll post a link to it once it's up there. I swear that this system sounds NOTHING like that setup the guy on youtube.com has. It really sounds sweet.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm make believe

cool. and if your ever think its actually to loud, another res would take care of that

Old 08-22-2007, 05:43 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

I'm picking up a microphone for my camera (it has video capability.) I'm going to make a short video of my car at idle, part/full throttle and a drive away. I should have it posted on either photobucket.com or youtube.com this weekend. I'll post a link to it once it's up there. I swear that this system sounds NOTHING like that setup the guy on youtube.com has. It really sounds sweet.
Can't wait to hear it! Watch me love it.......and right after I picked up the $750 Borla.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:35 PM

I didn't forget about this. I bought a cheap microphone for my digi-camera and it didn't work. I broke down and finally bought a little MiniDV Cannon camcorder. I mail ordered itso hopefully I will have it by the end of this coming week. As soon as I have it I'll make the video of the car as I promised.

I was just driving it today and can't wait to let you guys hear it. It sounds really good. The only left that I want to do for now is the FMIC. I still haven't decided if I'm going with the APR kit or the Forge. I want the headlamp washers, but from what Nate has said the APR FMIC will handle the big Garrett turbo better if I go that route.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm make believe

Both should be able to handle a gt2871r easy, buti wouldnt be surprised if the apr ic was a few deg cooler.