Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

42DD Pipe on the way........

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:53 AM
2nd Gear
Default 42DD Pipe on the way........

For the good ol' anniversary the wife has ordered a 42DD dp. I have heard the sound of the Borla and other popular catbacks. FOR ME....from what I have heard from sound bites and vids the Borla or Milltech have sounded the best BUT I have yet to see any dyno plots on either. I know the dp will net me some gains but I am curious about the catback gains......first German car and these things confuse the hell out of me at times. I came from the DSM world.....there it seemed to be a lot more dyno charts for before and after to compare to. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places because I know they have to be out there and I can chalk it up to being a newb with the German scene. I have the money and have also sent an email to APR to seeif they would just sell me a 3" catback.......no response. I am sorry but even though the APR system looks great and is 3" I refuse to pay 2500 for an exhaust system.....sorry. Any constructive comments?

Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 42DD Pipe on the way........

you'll love the DP, its like getting chipped all over again. but don't forget to replace your dogbone mount to a upgraded poly one, otherwise you will get some rattle and hitting with the new DP... look on vortex on the R32 classifiedsI believe a seller has them for $20

so how you liking the german car world compared to the DSM's? I keep trying to get my friend to make the move

Old 08-02-2007, 01:11 AM
2nd Gear

BTW, here is my car with the 42 DP and EuroSport/Jetex catback, not too loud and not too quiet for me http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/VWdriver03/?action=view¤t=soundclp002.flv

Old 08-02-2007, 01:29 AM
2nd Gear

Me like sound! arf arf arf!!
That sounds great, a nice rumble and doesn't sound ricey.

As far as moving from the DSM world, at times I am still contemplating that. I chose this TT over an Evo because I wanted something of ahigher class anddifferent. The TT gives me that. I always see Evo's and STI's in my area (Seattle) but I have never seen many juiced upped TT's (even tho we have a ton of Audi owners around here). The VW scene I have to say is pretty big here. I am learning....but so far the DSM is by far easier,has moreresources and shops and go fast parts that I can get my hands on and they are cheaper to boot.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks!

I know what you mean about parts and all, my friend could have put a ungodly amount of performance parts on his car for what I have spent on mine, but in the end I know the TT is a more rewarding car

here is where you can get the mount from http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3204941

Old 08-02-2007, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

Personally, I don't think there's a point to see dyno plots for catback exhausts and/or intake mods-- there isn't much gain (numbers-wise). What you will determine is better throttle response and feel as well as sound. Either way, you know it will help your car. The downpipe, in addition to throttle feel and sound, will measurably boost your cars hp and torque.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

BTW, here is my car with the 42 DP and EuroSport/Jetex catback, not too loud and not too quiet for me http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/VWdriver03/?action=view¤t=soundclp002.flv
yoo eliTTe are you running your DP to a highflow cat or a testpipe?

Old 08-02-2007, 05:42 PM
2nd Gear

Race series, no cat for me

Old 08-02-2007, 05:54 PM
1st Gear

Race series-- that's what I'm going for. DP arrived already but waiting to be scheduled in for an install.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear

do it yourself, its really not bad, Imade a little DIY if you would like it

Quick Reply: 42DD Pipe on the way........