Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

42DD 3" dp, 19mm Rsb on the way~

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
gTT
1st Gear
Default 42DD 3" dp, 19mm Rsb on the way~

42dd dp is coming! used the coupon code has 10%off.
and this Neuspeed 19mm swaybar ($160), I ordered here

Old 01-02-2008, 11:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 42DD 3" dp, 19mm Rsb on the way~

sweet

Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 PM

Great mods. I installed the 42DD DP last week after buying it from Artur,its great- kind of like getting the car chipped all over again. As for the 19mm rear sway bar, I still think its one of the best bang for the buck mods you can do to the TT.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:44 PM
gTT
1st Gear

yea, i was thinking to get the coilover, but after seeing the price of the rear control tie arm are like $400. all parts + labor will be so much. the rsb will be the best bang for first mods of the suspension.
Forgot to mention that I just got the APR R1 in last week, too~ (haven't installed it yet)

Old 01-03-2008, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

I have the 42DD DP and it did make a difference. Now I got all this power but I lack in suspension mods. So you guys think the Neuspeed 19mm RSB is the way to go? Why not a larger diameter?
Like a 21 or 22MM? I am also thinking of Koni FSD shocks and the Eibach Pro kit springs.
A lot of people like that option. I have the 1/2 K-Mac kit on order from TTstuff so they are able to do the rear camber adjustment.
Let me know how you like the APR R1. I am running of of the original Hyperboost DV but it isn't holding the boost as I would like and it isn't adjustable. Thinking of going with the Forge Splitter valve, not because of the Blow off feature but because of the adjustability without taking it apart
and adding springs and shims. What do you guys think?

Old 01-03-2008, 10:53 PM
gTT
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tom1222

I have the 42DD DP and it did make a difference. Now I got all this power but I lack in suspension mods. So you guys think the Neuspeed 19mm RSB is the way to go? Why not a larger diameter?
Like a 21 or 22MM? I am also thinking of Koni FSD shocks and the Eibach Pro kit springs.
A lot of people like that option. I have the 1/2 K-Mac kit on order from TTstuff so they are able to do the rear camber adjustment.
Let me know how you like the APR R1. I am running of of the original Hyperboost DV but it isn't holding the boost as I would like and it isn't adjustable. Thinking of going with the Forge Splitter valve, not because of the Blow off feature but because of the adjustability without taking it apart
and adding springs and shims. What do you guys think?
I read from the forum that people suggested 19mm will be enough for the RSB if i will keep the stock front. (on quattro)
I will try to install the R1 this weekend and will let you know the result. I hope it will improve the boost.
My boost will not pass the 10, but vacuum at 19 when idle at normal temp.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:18 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: gTT
I read from the forum that people suggested 19mm will be enough for the RSB if i will keep the stock front. (on quattro)
I will try to install the R1 this weekend and will let you know the result. I hope it will improve the boost.
My boost will not pass the 10, but vacuum at 19 when idle at normal temp.
Sounds like you either have a boost leak or are in limp mode. Or if you are still running the stock DV then the diaphram might be ruptured.
Do you hear any whistle sounds at accelleration? Let us know how the R1 works out. It should be about a 5 minute swap and should gain
you instant results.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
1st Gear

If you have AWL you generally want smaller diameter in the rear (i.e. 19) and something larger in the front, versus FWD you want larger diameter in the rear to compensate. I was also looking to do the same combo with Koni FSD shocks and the Eibach Pro kit springs but then I saw PSS9s and now I'm trying to decide between the two options, because I've just heard such a plethora of comments along the lines of "After PSS9s, I'll never go to anything else in any car I will ever drive again." The PSS9s are just soooooo damn expensive though. Comments on the two options?

Old 01-04-2008, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

Just installed the Pss9s... dont want/need anything else besides an h&r rsb... i never want annother car the handling is absoloutley insane! i could go onn and on... it is without a doubt the best most amazing suspension ive ever felt. Hands DOWN!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
gTT
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Mevans607

If you have AWL you generally want smaller diameter in the rear (i.e. 19) and something larger in the front, versus FWD you want larger diameter in the rear to compensate. I was also looking to do the same combo with Koni FSD shocks and the Eibach Pro kit springs but then I saw PSS9s and now I'm trying to decide between the two options, because I've just heard such a plethora of comments along the lines of "After PSS9s, I'll never go to anything else in any car I will ever drive again." The PSS9s are just soooooo damn expensive though. Comments on the two options?
PSS9 is around $1300. But you also need camber for the rear. Adjuestment tie bar around $400 also...

Quick Reply: 42DD 3" dp, 19mm Rsb on the way~