Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

225q boost...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:11 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by myslow1
The exhaust on these isnt really loud unless it is dp and catback so that is my guess.
Not true. I went d/p first and then added a cat back a month or 2 later. There is a difference in the sound with the D/P alone....especially when you would get on it, it's a nice deep growl. Completely noticable in my case.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:10 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Mobius97
Not true. I went d/p first and then added a cat back a month or 2 later. There is a difference in the sound with the D/P alone....especially when you would get on it, it's a nice deep growl. Completely noticable in my case.
i mean with stock dp and aftermarket catback it really isnt that loud. My car from what i know is complete stock exhaust and it has a nice growl to it...

as for the boost, it may have just been a fluke? I did 2 pulls on a flat road, both times i spiked 15 and held 14.5 or 14.7.. Last night the ac was off and it was a flat road maybe the cooler air charge had something to do with it.? who knows lol. either way im excited. That means i dont have the 2 biggest power adders on my car yet I think i might go down to the giac place and see if they have a test file to try out

Old 08-29-2008, 05:32 PM
2nd Gear

NIce man. I can't wait to get my Liquid TT. Too bad it won't be here until Tuesday though. I would have loved to install it over the weekend.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm make believe

Its just load. Sometimes you will go higher, sometimes you will go lower. A bleed mbc or ebc are the best at stopping these, but in your case its the stock turbo so its no big deal.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

well i just installed my liquidtt display. I understand the read out is from the ecu and not mechanical for boost... with that being said. Assuming this reads fairly close to correct my car is running 17.2 psi... As far as i knew my car was stock minus suspension when i bought it. My guess is it isnt a chip but maybe a downpipe? I doubt a chip only adds 2psi so perhaps a dp... I will jack it up and take a look tm. I also have a new TIP so maybe im chipped and the elbow is crushing making me restricted to 17psi. who knows. I havent seen any software for a 225 under 19-20 psi... Uni and GIAC are both files of around 20-23... The kid i bought the car from lives near an apr dealer so maybe it is APR chipped..

any thoughts?
Did you ask the kid you bought it from? I think that would be my first step. Also the gauge may be off? I am Revo tuned and it does spike to around 23 psi and it hold 20psi. Are you spiking at 17 psi? What psi are you holding?
Do you have an aftermarket DV?

I doubt you have a downpipe. It wouldn't be my first mod and it is more expensive than chipping/tuning. So it's not something someone normally do prior to getting tuned first.

Probably just a missreading.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:38 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by randomloginname
also, I dont suppose you were going uphill or otherwise under extra load when reading the psi? are you peaking or holding at 17? I am chipped, but I obivously max out at different psi in different gears and under different conditions. Speaking of which I am almost positive I was at just over 18 the other day and I heard the yellow spring in the forge give it up, might have to check it out or try the green plus two shims.
That yellow spring never worked for me. With my 007p I used the Green spring with 3 shims and it worked great. Now I have the Forge Splitter and it is even better and much easier to fine tune and adjust.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:42 PM
1st Gear

it was a flat road. The previous owner is a moron... He said it had exhaust and it was very loud. The car was in a fender bender out of that he got a new rear bumper and new exhaust. So he replaced what was on it with OEM catback. The exhaust on these isnt really loud unless it is dp and catback so that is my guess. I think he bought it modded. Im going to run the cable and put the display in 100% tm and i will go out and to multiple pulls to see what it holds. I say 17.2 and looked up... It was 17psi when i was at like 5500rpm though. Even then stock spikes 14.7 and drops correct? Or do they spike higher and hold 1 bar
When I added my 42DD DP with high flow cat I personally didn't hear much of a difference in loudness. Maybe a slightly deeper tone at idle but that was about it. The catback probably makes more of a difference. The Blueflame is farily quiet but that is the way I like it.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:46 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the responses Indy, I really dont think I am seeing peak post as I should be, I started replacing a few lines, ala TIP and some of the small diamater boost/vac lines since the car almost has 90k on it anyways, but I will try the green + shims, somehow I doubt that I hvae three of them, but I will definitely check it out.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:51 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by randomloginname
Thanks for the responses Indy, I really dont think I am seeing peak post as I should be, I started replacing a few lines, ala TIP and some of the small diamater boost/vac lines since the car almost has 90k on it anyways, but I will try the green + shims, somehow I doubt that I hvae three of them, but I will definitely check it out.
I think that the Green with 2 shims will work just fine. The Yellow is just too stiff and I lost performance and throttle response using the yellow spring.
You may want to check the hose coming off the Turbo going to the Silver Tube. That hose has been known to fail and is generally overlooked since you can't see it unless you look for it. It is a pain to get to but might be worth checking. On my 01 TT 225 that thing slipped partly off and gave me a hell of a boost leak that took me forever to find.
This is the hose I am referring to: http://www.ttstuff.com/Merchant2/mer...t_Code=FM225TH

Old 08-31-2008, 11:04 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks, I will try to find it haha, things are a little empty in there right now because my shroom and maf are out for cleaning. I have replaced the vac supply line to the DV, and am holding perfect 18mmHg at cruising, so I dont think theres any issue on that side, but a boost leak is very likely. I am tempted to get the forge boost line kit to compliment the hose techniques kit.