Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

225 Downpipes

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
1st Gear
Talking 225 Downpipes

Alright, so ive got the exhaust now,(Blueflame)WOo!! and the downpipe is my last lil piece of the puzzle. Theres a reason im havin a hard time choosing, reason being the material each is made of

-42dd 3inch- mild steel

-Techtonics Dowpipe- 2.5inch http://www.techtonicstuning.com/show...artnum=251.234

-Euroject 3inch- stainless steel

I want to have a DP thats not gonna rust, and i want it to last, but each of these has their own problems from what ive read. If you guys could help me out, then i will finally have my whole system complete (FINALLY) haha

ANd i know anything will eventually rust, i just wanna get some good use out of it

Last edited by Tmoney; 11-03-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm make believe

The techtonics is for a fwd car and they suck. Both the 42dd and EJ dp's will last longer than you own your car. Dont know of any other issues

Old 11-03-2008, 06:32 PM
2nd Gear

I'm glad you said that......

Thats exactly it, they will both last a LONG time. The 42DD pipes looks bullet proof to me and has been dyno proven for excellent gains. My butt dyno loves it. You should see the flanges on this thing! I also like the fact that it is in 3 pieces...adds to the ease of installation. I will say this: See where the weld is after the o2 bung on the Eurojet? There is a flange there instead on the 42dd pipe. That is where mine kept coming loose. I replaced the hardware that came with the kit and have been issue free ever since.

I can't comment on the Eurojet because I have had no experience with them but I have read reviews/posts about their products. I don't think you could go wrong with either kit. I am sure you have read the 42DD FAQ link I posted in the other thread.

I wonder how that weld will hold up on the bend? I dunno I'm not a welder.

Last edited by Mobius97; 11-03-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

Ohh yes, i read the entire thing like 5 times hahaha, great piece of information. Thats what got me started on this whole stainless steel- mild steel ordeal. Im so glad i read that before i jumped onto some cheapo ebay crap that prolly was built by a two year old in the sweat shops of north korea

Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm make believe

great, now you got me all upset about MY dp ..... i think ill live

Old 11-04-2008, 03:38 PM
1st Gear

hahahahah well atleast you have a DP, heck, ive been talkin about one on here for atleast 3 weeks and im too nervous that ill get one, then see on here that i should have gotten another. I saw that at one time mobius had problems with his coming alil loose, and ofcourse that got me all torn up inside, i wish their was a DP God and he could just tell me which one to get hahah

Old 11-04-2008, 03:45 PM
4th Gear

i guess ill chime in...

if this helps, ive had no problems at all with my 42dd.. granted ive modified it slightly, but still, i love it... hasnt come lose, holds well, great sound, little more pep... its nice

hope that helps

Old 11-04-2008, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
i guess ill chime in...

if this helps, ive had no problems at all with my 42dd.. granted ive modified it slightly, but still, i love it... hasnt come lose, holds well, great sound, little more pep... its nice

hope that helps
hey actually that does help haaha, wat kind of modification have you done on it???? ohh and how much pep did you get when u put urs on ??

Old 11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
2nd Gear

You will find most of us 225 owners that have a DP use 42DD's pipe. There really aren't any issues. My issue was fixed by buying new hardware....3 hi-temp bolts w/nuts. Less than $5 (another 5 for a new gasket). Two of them just kept backing out of the nut a little and caused the collector gasket between the flange to blow. It took me less than a half hour to replace them and was done all through the top of the engine bay with the strut removed and hand tools. I have been running trouble free for a year + now.

I really wouldn't worry about that. Hell it was even noted and fixed by 42dd because the first batches when they released had this issue. They started shipping out new "updated" hardware after all the complaints. Most liek me just went out and bought it oursleves to fix the issue. There is a LONG thread about it on vortex when the pipe first came out.

I also live in Seattle...where you know it rains alot! No rust issues here. Just PICK ONE!!!! You will be happy with both. If I was in your shoes it would be a hard choice too bad I didn't have this option when I purchased mine!

Last edited by Mobius97; 11-04-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:28 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Tmoney
hey actually that does help haaha, wat kind of modification have you done on it???? ohh and how much pep did you get when u put urs on ??
well my cut out got welded into it...

but, when it first went on, slightly new tone, but you get better response and i felt a bigger kick when i hit spool... but its not like you gotta hang on now haha... might be because im at 22psi... only thing was my cat went... but it didnt matter cause i took it out

Quick Reply: 225 Downpipes