Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

01 TT Quattro CEL P1297 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Default 01 TT Quattro CEL P1297 help

Hi all,

My 01 TT Quattro has CEL P1297 Connection Turbocharger-Throttle Valve Pressure Hose. I also experience what feels like a miss-fire in the middle of the rpm range while accelerating. The miss-fire only seems to appear when the motor warms up but runs strong when cold.

Suggestions?

Old 06-24-2009, 03:17 AM
4th Gear

Checked the manual and there's a technical bulletin which says exactly what you described. In short clean your throttle body of all deposits such as oil film and dirt. Check for leaks in the air duck before the turbo, yet after the MAF. Inspect the crankcase ventilation system hoses for sludge or oil deposits. If deposits/sludge is present clean the hoses out. Also inspect the suction jet pump for blockage, if it's blocked replace it.

"For heavier deposits of dirt / oil film, apple Wynn's X-Trend V.I.C Combustion Chamber Cleaner: Part No: 61510 (U.S.), Part No: 61512 (Can.) on a soft clean cloth then, clean interior surfaces using this cloth (one can of cleaner will do many vehicles, therefore it is considered shop supply)"

I just cleaned my throttle up today. You wouldn't believe the grossness that was in there! Make sure you get both sides of the plate. You'll have to unbolt the throttle from the intake manifold. I put some Seafoam on a clean rag to get all the nasty off. Worked like a charm! Although my car still isn't on the road, so I'm not sure how much if a difference it has made. But I'm expecting for the bucking to be gone.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck!

Last edited by ouTTie914; 06-24-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:52 PM

After inspection, I found a collapsing hose leading off of one of the valves into the large air intake hose. The valve was extremely dirty inside and the collapsing hose was full of deposits. I then found a small rip in the rubber where the smaller hose connects from the valve to the air intake hose. The air intake hose will need to be replaced. I have also replaced the MAF, non-return valve and dump valve. As soon as I get the new air intake hose installed, I will let you guys know if that solves the problem. FYI, the air intake hose is the large hose that runs between the airbox and the turbo.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:35 AM
1st Gear
Default i have same problem

my 01 tt 225hp is not fast as it should be. my volvo turbo wagon is faster. I am not getting any turbo power when moving, but the car still seems "snappy" around the nighborhood.

codes p1297 and p1128.

I was in the garage last night trying to find the air leak. for the life of me I could not get to the big air intake where it connects to the turbo.

I checked all the little lines and couldn't seem to find anything.

the head was taken off about 1k miles ago. this problem may have been going on since hte head got back but since I hardly drive the car I didn't really notice it.

other than power loss the car runs great. no hesitation or funny noises or idle problems.

there are no mods on car.

any thoughts? I am in western south dakota and don't have a dealer.

thanks!

Peter S

Old 06-29-2009, 05:30 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by pschmid
my 01 tt 225hp is not fast as it should be. my volvo turbo wagon is faster. I am not getting any turbo power when moving, but the car still seems "snappy" around the nighborhood.

codes p1297 and p1128.
P1128 is a lean code (too much oxygen in the mixture). Combined with P1297 a good place to start would be checking the hoses between your turbo and throttle body.

bennettjoh: Glad you found the bad hoses!