Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

00 audi tt bov question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:10 PM
1st Gear
Default 00 audi tt bov question...

After reving it to peak and then the bov goes off and completly let it come back down to idle the car dies insteads of idles... it is only when it is at high rpms it does this. Does it need to be adjusted or do I need a addition part for the bov. It is a blitz bov and it came with tube, plug for the DV and the T vacuum hose connector. Any suggestions. Thanks

Old 10-26-2007, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 00 audi tt bov question...

you should see if you are pulling any codes regardless of cel to see if you are running rich. your engine is expecting that air youare venting to atmosphere. theres no benefit to runnning a bov on this engine except to hear the noise. please check the faq for more info

Old 10-26-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm make believe

LOL, i would help you, but.... oh well

Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 PM
1st Gear

Why even reply then?[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 10-26-2007, 09:34 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: randomloginname

you should see if you are pulling any codes regardless of cel to see if you are running rich. your engine is expecting that air youare venting to atmosphere. theres no benefit to runnning a bov on this engine except to hear the noise. please check the faq for more info
When I had the bov on the car it didnt have any codes. I am in the middle of doing a timing belt ect. on the car and will probably put the bov back on. Any other suggestions besides the codes?

Old 10-26-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: audi_tt_4u

cause i know 100% the reason why its doing what its doing and i know you wont be greatful for the response due to previous experience

Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 PM
3rd Gear

run the blitz to a recirculating BOV if its capable....usually some adapter you have to buy to make it capable....these cars dont like BOVs as much as DV(diverter valves) most questions can be answered if you read the TT FAQ at the top of the TT forum

Old 10-26-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm make believe

it would be smart to ask people that run a bov daily..... hhhmmm

Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: audi_tt_4u

cause i know 100% the reason why its doing what its doing and i know you wont be greatful for the response due to previous experience
Even if you know the 100% reason why it is doing it, then why even reply with "LOL, i would help you, but.... oh well "? Can you stop stalking every move I make on here. I know you live on here but if you know the reason and want to help then do so but if you are going to follow me around on this site and say the same thing everytime about how you are not going to help me. Try something new atleast cause it is obvious you aren't any help and basically saying you know the problem but wont say cause of pevious experience then it just goes to show you are not the bigger person and hold grudges. I dont care if you tell me or not cause I will eventually find out anyways. Get over it.....

Old 10-26-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm make believe

run on sentence anyone? Ok, ill give you this little tip, you wont ever get that bov to work on your car.

Oh, and dont flatter yourself becuase i read threads and you just happen to of posted.

Quick Reply: 00 audi tt bov question...