Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

**ECU Tuning Progress after W/M Injection **Timing Graphs Posted**

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Post-W/M Lemmingwinks Tuning Progress...

haha.... its dark now so i'll do the easy stuff tonight and the complicated crap tomorrow.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:47 AM
2nd Gear

Well... you know Murphy's law; what can go wrong, will go wrong.

minor setback in the process. the nipple on the intake manifold where the vac hose from the FPR hooks to came off with the hose. Intake manifol is off now and hopefully i can either tap out a new hole and weld in the nipple, or maybe something else not so invasive.

I'll keep it posted as progress continues.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:35 AM
2nd Gear

Ok, Im holding 22psi steady now, and I've begun the tuning with Lemmingwinks.

I will post the Timing Pull Graph once I can get to my office where Excel 2003 is. Here at my house, I only have Excel 2007 which is ridiculously difficult to navigate. sure Excel 2003 requires you to manually enter functions and formulas and VBA... but I am an expert with that. 2007 simplifies all the formulas and such but the GUI blows.

Anyhow... here's what happened:
[ol][*]Run 1
[ol][*]Advanced Timing by 1.5 degrees.[*]Made 3 runs from 2k-redline (3rd, 4th, & 5th)[*]Monitored channels 11 (RPM, Intake Temp, Eng Load, Ign Timing), 20 (Timing offsets; Cylinders 1-4), & 26 (Knock Sensor voltages; Cylinders 1-4)[*]No timing pulled[/ol][*]Run 2
[ol][*]Advanced Timing to 2.25 degrees.[*]Made same 3 runs[*]Monitored channels; no timing pulled.[/ol][*]Run 3
[ol][*]Advanced Timing to 3.0 degrees.[*]Made same 3 runs.[*]Monitored channels; Timing was pulled.[*]Opened Vag-Scope to monitor in graph format the Timing pull. (see below)
[ol][*]Timing is pulled on cylinders 2 and 3 earlier than the rest.[*]Typically, timing pull occurs at/around 5.2krpms[/ol][/ol][/ol]
I'd like to try ThisSometime this week. There aren't AWDynos around here and FWD dynos are not really abundant.

I also logged a 2k-redline pull in each gear from 2nd-5th with the Vag-Com data logger @ 3.0 Deg advanced Timing. I'll try to get all the graphs up tomorrow morning once I get access to Excel 2003

Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm make believe

Funny how timing advace works when the car works

Looking good chris. Just make sure the car has time to adjust to each change before logging the run (3 or 4 pulls). Someone just made that mistake on vortex and showed pull when there shouldnt of been since they changed the timing with a revo sps3 and had pull with w/m on every change..

Old 10-22-2007, 10:36 PM
2nd Gear

Yea, actually, thee first 2-3runs after every change showed timing pull. Alot happened at idle too (when there's no W/M)

I just graphed it all out and realized that my copilot had NOT been reading it correctly to me. On the 3rd gear run, the timing was pulled wayyyy too early so I need to retard the timing back to 2.25 advanced and make 2-3 more runs and log them and I'll post the graphs later this afternoon.

I have the data graphed out already for lastnight's runs... but the timing was definitely pulled and the graphs aren't really worth posting on here. lol

I'll post some once I get some good ones.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 PM
3rd Gear

What boost controller are you running and how is it hooked up?

Old 10-22-2007, 11:09 PM
2nd Gear

Im running the BM from modshack.
Its just a pneumatic MBC that runs through the n75

Old 10-23-2007, 01:55 AM
2nd Gear

CRAP!@#$!

I retarded the timing back to 1.5* advanced and did a bunch of runs.
I graphed out full timing pulls in 3rd, 4th, and 5th @ 1.5 degrees... and at 3.0 degrees.

I also graphed out timing for a 1st thru 4th gear run with and without w/m.

But now... I CANNOT upload the graphs because im at work and cant access any photo sharing sites #$%^

FCK!@#%$%

Old 10-23-2007, 06:18 AM
2nd Gear

First off, let me apologize for how huge these graphs are. I copied and pasted them to powerpoint slides for my records and then saved them from powerpoint as JPEG files. I tried scaling them down but they lost a ton of resolution. Also, I logged channel 115 also (like the guy on vwvortex did to get commanded and real boost levels) but the numbers just weren't adding up right so I left them off the graphs
Vag-Com logs the boost in mBars (millibars) Basically, I exported the data to excel and graphed it from there.
Here's the boost issue:
ie data read boost at one timehack as 1860mBars in cell A1 on excel. In cell D2 I entered the formula
(=(A1/1000)*14.7) basically... mBars divided by 1,000 = data in Bars. data in bars multiplied by 14.7 (psi in 1 Bar) = data in PSI format. However, it was showing that I commanded everywhere from 18-38psi of boost and actually boosted between 11-33psi of boost. I figured this was wrong or I did the math wrong in excel so I left it out. anyhow....

Ok, Here ya go:

The first 3 graphs are with 1.5° Advanced Timing with Lemmingwinks (taken today)(3rd Gear, 4th gear, and 5th Gear)
Name:  Slide4.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  35.9 KB
Name:  Slide5.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  30.7 KB
Name:  Slide6.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  32.3 KB

Next 3 graphs are with 3.0° advanced instead of 1.5° (Raken Last night)
Runs done in Same gearsName:  Slide1-1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  31.4 KB
Name:  Slide2-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  30.9 KB
Name:  Slide3-1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  35.1 KB

The last two are what I know Nate is looking for; 1st thru 4th gear runs with and without water / methanol injection turned on. **Note: I primed the W/M prior to running with it... and turned it off a mile before logging without it. Here ya go:
Name:  Slide7.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  33.6 KB
Name:  Slide8.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  36.2 KB

Old 10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm make believe

If you are seeing above 20* of timing, that is already alot. Your still getting pull, so you may want to try to pull timing until the CF goes to 0 and see what the overall timing goes to.

Quick Reply: **ECU Tuning Progress after W/M Injection **Timing Graphs Posted**