Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

**ECU Tuning Progress after W/M Injection **Timing Graphs Posted**

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Post-W/M Lemmingwinks Tuning Progress...

btw...
andrew, if you had a picture in the post with the blocks "0 0 0 0"... I cant see pictures on the work computer. lol
Maybe thats why that post made no sense to me

**Another thing... I know I may sound like I think it doesnt work.... but trust me, I WANT it to work... im just getting frustrated because its like I know it CAN work... but i dont know enough about Vag-Com to see how to tune this thing to where it WORKS

Old 10-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm make believe

I not sure what block it is to log for all the timing logs, i would look, but vortex's technical section is MIA and you cant open old threads since they dont exist right now.

Also complaining that w/m isnt working when your car isnt running right without it doesnt make much sense to me

Old 10-14-2007, 11:13 PM
2nd Gear

My car isnt running right without W/M?
My car is running almost exactly the same with or without it. Yea, I have a boost leak. I had that before I did the W/M. I don't think the boost leak getting worse has anything to do with the W/M though. I think I pushed the car hard trying to see the gains from the water / meth and probably finished blowing off the line that was already leaking.

Well I turned retarded the timing offset back to where it was orginally, 0 degrees offest.
the only timing blocks I could find in the measuring blocks section is the block called "ignition timing".
the value in the block bounces around from 0.8BDTC to 2.3BDTC. every now and then it'll go real low and get to 0.3ADTC.

I pulled back all the timing on lemmingwinks and wrote it to the ECU a little bit at a time. the numbers in the ignition timing block still read the same... it bounces around between 0.8BDTC and 2.3BDTC \

ORIGINAL: cincyTT
i would look, but vortex's technical section is MIA and you cant open old threads since they dont exist right now.
Yea, I noticed that too. I had a few of them in my favorites so I could watch some threads I posted up with a few Vag-Com, W/M, and Unisettings questions.
nobody has answered any of them though. I dont know if my questions were too specific... or if maybe they didnt answer because I mentioned in one of them that I frequented AF. -shrugs-

either way... i havent received a response to a single thread I've started over there yet. I usually just post in someone else's thread if I need an answer over there quick. lol

Old 10-14-2007, 11:38 PM
3rd Gear

no i didnt mean log block 0.0.0.0 it might be measuring block 32 not sure though....whatever block it is it should read 0 0 0 0 at idle sorry for the confusion i;m no means an expert on water/meth just been learning from johnny bravo as he has done tunes on 3-4 different cars

Old 10-14-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm make believe

The boost leak is probably having all the timing pulled that you add since the actual is below requested. Fix the leak and then mess with the timing. Your more than likely just wasting time until you fix your previous problem

Old 10-14-2007, 11:46 PM
2nd Gear

Yea, that is probably a very true statement.
I can only fix the boost leak as fast as the stuff gets here. It should be here today I think. I ordered the original set over a month ago and they never delivered. Once I have the stuff... it'll probably be on that day.

I'll check out block 32. Is that the block sensor voltages? they stayed around 0.850v each at idle with 7 degrees advanced. they'd jump a little bit when I hit full throttle. Maybe 5-6v range somewhere.

Not sure what 32 is... but I'll find out here shortly

Old 10-15-2007, 01:39 AM
2nd Gear

-sigh- Went to check the mail... and BAM!!@#$! there was a package waiting for me....
... but it was just a ****'n ****@#$R%#E!!!
no Boost hoses for me today damnit.
Well, I guess they'll be here tomorrow then. It only takes 4-5 business days to get here so either tonight or tomorrow. (yea, mail comes twice a day here for some reason.)

Hey Andrew... they went out tuesday? Oh yea... were both in one package or in two seperate ones?

Old 10-15-2007, 05:19 AM
2nd Gear

Update. Man, there are some serious growing pains that go along with doing all this stuff. So I went ahead and backed off the timing advance to the factory settings (0 degrees) during lunch. Power feels the same and my boost dropped a little more again. (man, that hose kit needs to show up. lol Im so impatient with the postal service. I drove it for the rest of the day and didnt really notice anythng. On the way home it kind of felt like it had more power... but I doubt it because I had the W/M cut off... the boost was 1 lb lower than yesterday (11psi), and the timing is now reset back to zero so there's no advance. Im also really tired though from no sleep lastnight and it may just be the lack of sleep that made it feel faster than normal. Anyhow, nothing spectacular... just an update. I'll keep you posted after i wake up and do it all over again.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 AM
3rd Gear

I talked with NATE at snowperformance, he told me (and he has a jetta GTI) that your knock sensors you shouldnt read about 6 when you logging your knock sensors, if they read above 6 then the ECU will pull timing. Hope that helps.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm make believe

read and follow this when you get your car fixed

Quick Reply: **ECU Tuning Progress after W/M Injection **Timing Graphs Posted**