Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

"NO CDC" Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:38 PM
1st Gear
Default "NO CDC" Question

Hey guys, I am new to the boards. I just sold my 300+ whp Talon and my Impreza tand bought a 2001 TT 225 Roadster and I am loving it, although it threw a P1136 Lean mixture code on me the first day. My question is with the radio. It has the BOSE stereo package with tape player and CD changer in it. It will not recognize the changer. I pulled the radio, everything is connected. The changer ejects, and when I load the cart., it shuffles through the CDS. I hit the mode button, and nothing. I turn it off, hold mode and turn it on, and it says NO CDC. I was just wondering if I am over looking something, or if something may have gone bad. I don't want to install my other nonfactory CD player, but I am sick of the radio already. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:01 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: "NO CDC" Question

That's happend to me a few times when I put burned cd's in the changer.
Try putting the cd you want to listen to in another slot.
It worked for me.... Good luck

Old 11-03-2006, 06:13 PM
4th Gear

Mine did the same. What happened to mine was the CDC unit was bad and needed replacing - I opted instead of replacing the changer I replaced the entire system from stem to stern and instead of a 6 disc changer I can now use my 4 gig USB flash drive on my Kenwood. Much faster and easier - but a shitload more expensive... lol

Bose don't play well with other components... good luck, mate!

Old 11-09-2006, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

Quick question. I am trying to figure out what my best route is here. The CD changer unit shuffles through the CDs, and then goes all thhe way back down and stops on a CD, I am assuming iit is checking how many are in there and then settles on the first one. I am assuming that the unit is in good working order if it does that (both with burned and non burned CDs). The head unit itself pulls the NO CDC code when I do the mode/power button combo, so I am assuming the mode button works. When I go to switch it to the changer, nothing. I pulled the unit, everything iis plugged in and tight.

My question, is there another connection that may have gotten loose. I tried to look around the changer but it is packed in there tigher that my ***** in a virgin. I only found one cable going to it, and it feels as if it goes directly into the unt without a connector. I purchased a JVC unit with USB/mp3/wav file access two monthhs ago bbefore I bought the car, but I would like to keep the stock sytem in for now? Any other ideas. If not, anyone know whhere I can get a radio wiring harness for a 01 TT with the BOSE system, the ones I purchased from ebay were the wrong ones, even though I was told they were right.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:19 AM
2nd Gear

Have you pulled off the rear panel? You are correct there is only one cable that leads to the CD player. If it is getting power, but just not reading, it is likely the player is worn out or had dirty heads.

I replaced mine a couple of years ago with a Phatnoise. So now instead of being limited to 6 CDs I have almost 20GB of MP3's at the ready.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:58 AM

im all for this MP3 stuff one day all you have is a USB input plug and no audio system for the thief to get interested in and all you need is a flash memory chip to plug in, multichangers are so old fashioned these days and take up too much valuable space that the subs need

Old 11-09-2006, 02:17 PM
4th Gear

Actually, Avant, my Kenwood Excellon X990 deck has a direct USB connecttion - also a iPod connection. There's even a deck now (I think Alpine makes it... not certain) that you can plug a Memory Stick directly into it under the CD slot. It was something I thought about, but most everything I do is SD card compatible (digi camera, digi video, etc.) to invest in the most expensive flash memory out there was not enticing.

As for the CDC checking the CD - it will stop at the first "readable" disc. Since it is cycling through the whole pack means it cannot read any of them. Mine did exactly the same thing. Try a lens cleaner first and see if that cures what ails it. Mine was so far off alignment that it simply needed replacement (you gan get a decent changer for around $150).

Funny, these CDC's are suppose to take a 90 degree placement and run, but the heavy vibrations and jolts of sportcars and trucks seem to jack the tracking up faster than the luxury rides - or so says my stereo installer... lol

Old 11-09-2006, 09:29 PM
5th Gear

mines bad too, I just listen to sirius.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:03 PM
4th Gear

I've actually narrowed it down to which slots can and cannot read a burned cd.
Maybe it's just the magazine that needs replacing?

Old 11-09-2006, 10:16 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: ouTTie914
I've actually narrowed it down to which slots can and cannot read a burned cd.
Maybe it's just the magazine that needs replacing?
Yeah, that's tracking. It won't be long until it won't be able to "focus" and will track through each disc playing nothing. Wonder how many TT's still have a fully working CDC?

Quick Reply: "NO CDC" Question