Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

"Brake" Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: "Brake" Problems

if you have a bad relay, it could be sending voltage to anything that is in that relay a signal and causing flashing lights

Old 03-05-2007, 06:26 PM
2nd Gear

80 bucks isnt that bad to get a problem fixed. Id fix that and put the brakes on and see whats up then. You will have to spend some money with these cars at times to keep them up. I try to keep mine as new looking as possible and fix thnigs as they happen so they wont cuase other things and besides these cars are meant to look new all the time. I always have people asking me if the car is new and they are shocked when I say its 5 yrs old.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:50 PM
2nd Gear

$80 bucks isnt bad but when i can get the part for $40, i might as well do it myself. Plus I like to do most things myself when i can. Yeah i have gotten a lot of comments as well. I'm about to buff and wax it this up coming weekend, its gonna looksweet. I'll post some pics if I can. My friend owns his own high-end detailing shop I used to work for. Right next door are these guys that work on audi's and porshe's and what not. Anywho, I called them up and asked them how much to change out my frontpads and rotors, they said about $400. Is this a pretty ideal price? I would do it myself but none of the auto shops around here have parts on hand to buy tonight, and i dont have the time and tools right now. Let me know it this is a good deal

Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm make believe

the fronts are so easy, if you have a socket set you are golden. there should be a how to somewhere but its really a diy job.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:01 PM
2nd Gear

Well do you think I could wait a couple of days for the shops to get the stuff in. That was my prob. I called my local shops and nobody had in the pads or rotors and it was gonna take a couple of days. How much you think it would cost me to do it myself?

Old 03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm make believe

depends how much you pay for pads and rotors.

go to tirerack.com ecstuning.com ttstuff.com and compare prices

Old 03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
2nd Gear

I have, its just that they cant get it to me till like next week or so. How long you think i can drive like this? That damn beeping is annoying as hell.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm make believe

fix the relay asap and if you can stop the car you seem like your fine. also look at the pads to see if there is a wire coming out of one of them. if so, you do have wear sensors and means the pads should need change soon.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM

ehh.. try and go without braking. should keep you running till you can replace the pads.
if you really need to stop you can always go to the nearest marina and pick up one of these:

Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
2nd Gear

Cool, the relay will be fixed tomorrow. I'll take a wheel off and see if i can find a sensor. I've been told about some decent pads to get (hawk, pbr, etc.) But i havent heard of a good rotor that I should get thats either oem or a little better. Got any ideas?

Quick Reply: "Brake" Problems