Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Considering my first Audi

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 AM
1st Gear
Default Considering my first Audi

Hello all, I am very much interested in the Q7 and had a few questions that maybe some of you all could help with. This will be my first journey into the luxury car market, having owned Nissan, Chevrolet, etc.

First off is this a bad time to find a 2012 Q7? I search dealer websites, but only a few are available. I'm in a major US city, so that shouldn't be an issue. Is this a hard vehicle to find?

What sort of maintenance expenses can I expect with Audit or this model? It sounds like the high performance brake pads might need to be replaced around 25K miles. How much does that typically cost? What other things should I plan on fixing and how much do those run?

What does typical servicing (15K, 30K, 50K, etc.) cost and are they necessary? Do all repairs need to be handled at the dealer typically?

Any weird oddities about Audi or their cars I should expect?

How is the experience with dealers and servicing been with Audi owners?

I appreciate anyone's help. Like I mentioned I'm new to Audi and the higher end vehicles.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Certified

It would be a good idea to find a independent European repair shop if you do not intend to service the car your self. The dealer will do a good job of lightening your wallet.
A set of tire , around $1200. Brakes depends on how hard you are on them Could be anywhere from $500 to $1000 depending what you need for a 4 wheel brake job.
Basic oil changes will start at around $120 & go up from there depending what else is needed.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:18 AM
1st Gear

I concur with the above post. Find a good European independent repair shop. Some are geared to performance, others are for general maintenance. They are still expensive but generally 40% cheaper than the dealer. Plus they have a vested interest in keeping your car running, as opposed to the dealer whose primary mission is to provide cash flow for the dealer. Your satisfaction would be much more important to the smaller shop.