Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Bluetooth/Phonebook Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 11:11 AM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth/Phonebook Issues

I recently purchased a 2008 Q7, bluetooth enabled. When I was first playing around with setting up my phones, I paired and synced both my Droid X and my Blackberry Curve with the car. I then managed to download the Blackberry phonebook. Realizing I would prefer to have my Droid's phonebook sync with the car, I deleted the Blackberry directory. Enter the drama. In spite of every trick I have tried (suggestions from this forum, the Droid forum, and talking to Verizon) I am still unable to sync the Droid and NOW I cannot sync the Blackberry contacts. Does anyone have a suggested next step?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

Hi Suzanne,

I have a similar problem. I picked up my 2011 Q7 on Wednesday night. I successfully paired my Blackberry 9700 and then my wife's iPhone 4. On Thursday we went on an overnight road trip together, bringing both of our phones. The MMI picked up her phone instead of mine, and since I was driving, I used the MMI to disconnect her connection and to reconnect mine. So far so good. I used the handsfree during the drive. On Friday morning I get in the car alone (with just my phone), and after the phone book completed "loading", all of the entries phone numbers were there, but not the names. Basically I had a list of blank names and the voice command was no longer usable. I connected the iPhone and its entries loaded just fine. I reconnected my BlackBerry and the issue was still there. I deleted both of our profiles from the MMI, deleted our pairings from both the MMI and the phones, and even restarted the MMI. When I paired my BlackBerry again, the same issue appeared. When I paired the iPhone again, it worked just fine.

So I'm not sure what to do, short of a full factory restore of settings on the MMI (I kind of want to hold off on that unless someone says it does the trick).

Did you get your BlackBerry working again?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

I also have issues loading my iPhone Phone Book into the Bluetooth phone book. Only my favories are loaded. Does anyone have suggestions on how to load my iPhone contacts into the Bluetooth.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Solved my issue

In my case the issue wasn't that my contacts wouldn't sync. It turns out they were. The problem is that I had 100+ contacts where only the Company field was filled in (the first name and last name fields were blank). The audi directory doesnt read or import the company field so it displayed, above my named contacts, 100 entries with no name. By editing my contacts to always use the first name field, the problem was resolved. For iPhone I would make sure to do an iOS upgrade.