Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Bluetooth Integration

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007 | 11:30 PM
Default Bluetooth Integration

[quote] I collected my new Q7 yesterday and I have been having problems with bluetooth integration.

My phone is a Nokia N80, the phone connects with the Q7 but then trips out and disconnects after about 3 minutes. This keeps on happening.

I cannot access my phone directory either. Also, Audi have not supplied a cradle for the phone which is poor I think since my phone doesn't have a home! They tell me this is because all phones are different and it would be useless!

I go back to discuss it with my dealer this afternoon, however, does anyone have any solutions or know what causes this problem?

Thank you.

Julian

Old 03-03-2007 | 06:03 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bluetooth Integration

Please post something once you figure something out. I have the same problem with my BlackBerry Pearl.

I can get the phone to pair, and connect when I turn the car on. But after several minutes, the connection disappers. However, if I make a call while connected, the phone stays connected for however long I am on the call. If I follow calls in succession, it seems that the connection lasts forever. However, if I hang up a call, and wait a few more minutes, the connection is lost (and cannot even be recovered manually until the car is turned off).

HELP!!!!!

Old 03-03-2007 | 07:53 PM
Site Moderator

Chances are its your phone, Audi has a list of compatible phones on their technician manual if you go to the dealer. The most common compaint is their phone will connect with no problems but it won't come up in their phone book in the MMI screen.
Check with the audi dealer and see if your phone is on the list, if it is there, there isn't a repair as of yet to fix the problem.

Old 03-04-2007 | 07:14 AM
1st Gear

At this point, I could care less about the phone book - I just want the phone to work.

I saw the bluetooth compatability list here (http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/t...nity_bluetooth), but they can't seriously think that a $60k car will only work with those few listed phones (of which many are outdated). There must be some sort of fix, either through a software update, patch, or otherwise to correct the problem.

I heard that on the A6, you can turn off the "automatic timeout" feature. Unfortunately, I cannot find the option in the Q7 menu. Anyone know anything like this?

Old 03-09-2007 | 01:52 AM

Hi guys!

So i just got my Q7 2 weeks ago.
And what i find out about the Q7 bluetooth is that it can work very well if the phone does stay on at all time.

i have the hp ipaq hw6945 pocket pc cell phone and have the option that if it is on charging it does not turn off so when i get into the car i put my phone on the charger and the connection did not lost while i was driving so this really workd for me it worth a try.

Old 03-09-2007 | 05:39 AM
1st Gear

I tried your recommendation, but no luck..

I turned off the stand-by mode, I left it pligged into the charger, but nothing. Thanks for trying. If anyone else has some tips, I am willing to try. Someone help!

Old 03-20-2007 | 04:26 AM

Works fine with my car, it stayed connected all-day. Its been fast, relaiable, and quality. its your phones cause its not the Q7 BlueTooth. they've tested all of them with before the sale them

Old 03-22-2007 | 05:14 AM
1st Gear

European Audi - what kind of phone do you have? Do you have the BlackBerry Pearl? If so, can you advise of the version number of your MMI system and Pearl phone?

Thanks!

Old 03-29-2007 | 01:02 AM
1st Gear

I found a solution!! Going through many many many (did I say "many") sites, I found out that the Pearl has a software release available in Italy (not yet released in the U.S.), which although not specific for this particular purpose, happens to fix the bluetooth connectivity issue for my Audi Q7.

It is the version available for TIM, v4.2.1.66 is what I have, and it is working fine here in the U.S. You should go through (and there is a lot of reading, but worth it), and follow the following forum: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...y-release.html

Good Luck!!

Old 10-01-2007 | 02:57 AM

Hi, Bought a 2007 modelQ7 today and am trying to use my Windows Mobile 5.0 pocket PC with Bluetooth. The MMI is able to see the call history but is not able to sync the directory. The phone is a Sprint pocket PC and does not have a SIMM card. Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Integration