Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Audi Q7 random 26mm toe out with no impact

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 01:19 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi Q7 random 26mm toe out with no impact

Hi All,

I have a weird issue with my Q7,
The traction & adaptive air suspension lights blew amber along with a click noise. When the wife was driving on a normal road. I thought nothing of this till i drove the car and found the top of the steering wheel was at the position of 11 oclock for straight driving. I rang Audi First assist who have been excellent, They go the Q7 towed to our nearest Audi dealer who have been unable to diagnose a fault apart from an unhappy steering sensor that caused the faults along with the Drivers front wheel having 26mm of toe out. They assure me they have found no loose bolts, no broken components and no other electrical faults with the car. They have re aligned the wheels and are in the process of an extended road test.

Some history to the car if it is relevant.

2 months ago the subframe and engine where lowered to replace the front emissions sensor, this work was done at an audi dealer under extended warranty. 1000 kms ago all four tyres were replaced and an alignment preformed.

My initial thoughts were that the tyre shop preformed an incorrect alignment. But I have driven 600kms after that alignment and the car has driven faultlessly. with the steering wheel straight and level and no tracking issues. And the Audi dealer have inspected the alignment report and agree it is within expectations.

I have been assured all the adaptive air suspension components are functioning as normal.

Any suggestions welcome.

Jeremy New Zealand