Audi Q5 The Audi Q5, aerodynamics have never looked so good.

Upgrade to B&O Sound System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:23 AM
1st Gear
Default Upgrade to B&O Sound System?

Hello! First post on this forum so please so easy on me.
I had recently purchased a pre-owned Q5 3.2L Prem Plus and it is equipped with the Audi Symphony system without the Band & Olufsen speakers.
-Is it possible to bring it to the shop and get the B&O speakers put in?
-If so, around how much would it cost?

Thanks for the help!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:59 PM
1st Gear

I was told by the dealer that it couldn't be done after the fact

Old 09-21-2011, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

You have to order the option when purchasing the car. It isn't something dealer or aftermarket shop can install. B&O uses 14 speakers where standard uses 10. Not only you need to cut extra 4 holes in the interior trim to install those extra speakers, but the real issue is where to get B&O speakers for Q5. You can't purchase them anywhere... not even from dealer. Of course, you can always upgrade or change your speakers to some other brand...

Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 AM
1st Gear

much cheaper to use another brand. tons of aftermarket stereo components out there will sound as good if not better than the b&o (although they do sound pretty nice)

Old 08-26-2012, 01:49 AM
1st Gear

In my opinion you would be better off getting it done on your own anyways. Just got a new Q5 last Monday with the B&O System. I am sad to say I am not too impressed. It does sound nice and crisp, but I expected much more.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Which options are best recommended?

Hi there,

I'm chiming in this thread late. I'm considering a Q5, I'm told the B&O has incredible sound, but it raises the cost a bit. I was actually happy with my old Grand Cherokee Infinity system -- sounded great. The stock stereo in the Q5 sounds hollow (that was my impression). I hate Bose.

Can you tell me which brands might be a good replacement instead of dumping out $$ for the B&O option? What were your costs, installation etc.

Thanks!

Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by forrie
Hi there,

I'm chiming in this thread late. I'm considering a Q5, I'm told the B&O has incredible sound, but it raises the cost a bit. I was actually happy with my old Grand Cherokee Infinity system -- sounded great. The stock stereo in the Q5 sounds hollow (that was my impression). I hate Bose.

Can you tell me which brands might be a good replacement instead of dumping out $$ for the B&O option? What were your costs, installation etc.

Thanks!

We just got our 2013 with the B&O system. I am impressed myself with all aspects of the sound except maybe the real deep bass notes. I too have a Jeep but mine has the optional upgraded Kicker system in it vs. the Infinity.

The imaging is as good as my $10k+ home theater and the surround actually works as surround should (not just like other car systems that have 10-20 speakers and call it surround sound).

Overall I am impressed by the B&O option in ours and I know in time (as with all speakers) it will only get better sounding as they break in.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by forrie
Hi there,

Thanks!
Also note – for the $1,000 upgrade cost (in Canada) to go to the B&O system you will be VERY hard pressed to beat it with aftermarket options. I’d say you would need to invest probably $2-3,000 to get to the B&O quality and stability under volume.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

I just added a self powered sub to the 2013 q5 BnO system. Kept all the stock stuff. Total cost 300 installed. Sounds like you would want it to now.