Audi Q5 The Audi Q5, aerodynamics have never looked so good.

Audi Q5 - Aftermarket rearview camera

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 09:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Q5 - Aftermarket rearview camera

Hi,

I recently bought a 2010 Audi Q5. The car does not have the MMI Naivgation system in it. I was not interested in the GPS Navigation but I want to add a rearview camera that can be integrated to the existing system. I do not want to add a camera that has an external display. What are my options or where can i find such an aftermarket camera? I also saw a rearview mirror that has an integrated camera. Has anyone used that? Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Cheers
Praveen

Old 07-01-2013, 11:45 PM
1st Gear
Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Integrated Backup Camera for Audi Q5

praveen_d, I was in your position about 2 months ago with my new '12 Q5, it too came without navigation but my wife wanted the rear-view camera so I did some searching and found the same site as farsed, which is the Jemko Audi Q5 Backup Camera system.

I bought the system with the Non-MMI specification and had it installed by one of their recommended installers which cost me 175 to have done professionally.

So far the system has been great, the backup camera image is really clear, it looks and works as if we got the factory option so im happy.

Havent tried out the other features like the iPhone and Dvd integration but will keep posted if I do.

By the way the system price is actually pretty good because I had called 4 places before buying this one and they all go for between high 5's to 700.

Hope that helped

Originally Posted by farsed

Old 07-10-2013, 08:28 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pelican75
praveen_d, I was in your position about 2 months ago with my new '12 Q5, it too came without navigation but my wife wanted the rear-view camera so I did some searching and found the same site as farsed, which is the Jemko Audi Q5 Backup Camera system.

I bought the system with the Non-MMI specification and had it installed by one of their recommended installers which cost me 175 to have done professionally.

So far the system has been great, the backup camera image is really clear, it looks and works as if we got the factory option so im happy.

Havent tried out the other features like the iPhone and Dvd integration but will keep posted if I do.

By the way the system price is actually pretty good because I had called 4 places before buying this one and they all go for between high 5's to 700.

Hope that helped
Glad to see someone who actually bought Jemko responded and that you are happy with it. I just ordered it for '13 Q5 and look forward to getting it done. I chatted to their customer service online and in all three occasions they were very knowledgable and helpful. They apparently have videos of the installed product and how they perform but its not something you can find on your own on youtube.

Here is a video of the system talked about on this thread in action
(though the rep told me this was the first installation they did and at that time they used some other camera than their own, which is a sony HD one, so the camera seen in this video is not of a good quality.

Also, there is a add-on for this system that is coming out in 40-50 days from now and it adds navi and other features (e.g. playing video from iPhone/iPad etc). that is called JS-9155 and you can see a video of what it would look like here:
and since its a add-on you can install it later as well.