Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

01 A8L Head Rest motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
1st Gear
Default 01 A8L Head Rest motor

I seem to be having challengs with the restraints moving up and down.

yesterday i took the backing off the seats to check the motors as when you press the button up/down, it still makes noise, just no movement.

when i took the passenger one apart, i was able to get it to move to the position i wanted it to by bending the cable wire at a hard angle. but as soon as it was replaced to the seat, no more movement, just noise.

the drivers seat was less friendly. it makes noise, but no matter how much i move/bend/flex the cable or the unit, it will not move.

has anyone been able to fix these, or understand what is causing it? it sounds like they are jammed, but there is nothing that restricts the movement in the seat. they are clear. i also made sure i lubbed them a bit to make sure that the plastic was not catching on the metal. all is good there.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

I seem to be having challengs with the restraints moving up and down.

yesterday i took the backing off the seats to check the motors as when you press the button up/down, it still makes noise, just no movement.

when i took the passenger one apart, i was able to get it to move to the position i wanted it to by bending the cable wire at a hard angle. but as soon as it was replaced to the seat, no more movement, just noise.

the drivers seat was less friendly. it makes noise, but no matter how much i move/bend/flex the cable or the unit, it will not move.

has anyone been able to fix these, or understand what is causing it? it sounds like they are jammed, but there is nothing that restricts the movement in the seat. they are clear. i also made sure i lubbed them a bit to make sure that the plastic was not catching on the metal. all is good there.

here are the links that got me started:

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1734240

fixing.n.improving.our.audis