Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheres the stock amp

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 02:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: wheres the stock amp

i looked and this is what i found on the right side .. this is the sub?or amp?

And on the driver side i have found this....

nothingness

Old 05-17-2008, 03:58 PM
2nd Gear

ok listen ... easy if your speakers say bose then you have a bose system if they dont then you have a regualr facotry system

truth be told the bose speakers sound liek crap if you take away teh bose stock headunit ... teh amp is located on the passenger side in front of the sub yet behind the back seat on teh passenger side in the truck ... u ripped the lining off the wrong side lol if you dont have a bose then simply wire the amp and subs right to the factory head unit or if you bought a new head unit (which is a good idea for subs neway) ... if you have the bose you cant put your subs and amp into the headunit you need to tap power and sound in the truck BUT BEFORE the amp not after the amp

it is not as hard as everyone makes it seem although i just did trial and error my first time!

let me knwo if you have any problems ill try to walk you through it but you seem like you know what your doing ...

o yea and be sure to run RCAs and your amp power from battery down diff sides of teh car if you do have the bose bc you will experience a small amount of feedback when your A/C is on and you accelerate

Old 05-17-2008, 05:59 PM
1st Gear

Yes that is the sub and amp,the amp is inside right near the sub, which is just a small amplifier that powers both the rear speakers and the subwoofer. You can't really do much with the factory amp so if you wish to upgrade you will need to get another amplifer to power the subwoofer.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:10 PM
2nd Gear

i think he already knew that he was just wondering how to hookit up

Old 05-17-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

Well I just took mine apart and took a peek inside to see where everything is, then added some insulation...now everything just rattles even more. And he did ask "Is this the sub or amp?" So I just wanted to clarify things up a bit.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:08 PM
1st Gear

Thanks joe and Asianicestyles for clearing that up.

What if I got a rns-e ? It shouldn't be any different right? And after market speakers would sound way better than the factory right?

Old 05-18-2008, 12:25 PM
2nd Gear

here u got ... http://www.metacafe.com/watch/444044..._installation/ i love the music in the background LOL

yea if you are eliminating the bose head unit with bose speakers then get new speakers all around some nice 3 ways

if you have the plain old symphony the speakers shoudl be replaced anyways

Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

yea I'll change my speakers than, what size can I fit in they?

And what I ment to say when hooking up a amp to a rnse it should be the same as hooking it to the head unit? Cause I'm thinking bout getting one

Old 05-18-2008, 05:06 PM
2nd Gear

id say like 5 1/4 in the front ... see what you can fit in there

i didnt have to replace my speakres i left the bose

Old 05-18-2008, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

also about the amp i have no clue ... there are better units then the rnse out there i have the pionner avic d3 and i love it

Quick Reply: wheres the stock amp