Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn signal problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Default turn signal problems

on my 03 a6 2.7t the turn signals stopped working. the hazards work fine and all light and indicators work. when i flip the unit up or down i can here a click in the dash. if i jiggle it in one direction i can sometimes get the signals to work but only 2 to 3 flashes. please help.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Default RE: turn signal problems

i had a simillar problem, my hazard button actually worked, but everybody said that its the problem, so i changed it, took my 10 mins, u gotta have the radio opener keys, and then its easy, remove the cover for the hazard and just pull it out, as soon as you change it, it should work, i had the very same problem, i hear a noise in the dash and it sometimes flashes once or twice, or not at all.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:59 PM

Turn signal relay. Replace it and everything should be right in the world again.
I'll see if I can find a DIY but most people have posted that it can be done without taking the radio out, just be careful with the trim piece.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:44 PM

this happened to me last night.

I left my car in my moms garage when we left for the shore on friday and everything was fine.

On Sunday night I left to go back to my house and the turn signals had stopped working. If anyone had a DIY that would be awesome. I'll do some searching

Old 06-10-2008, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

have the same problem listen to marko he knows what hes talking about. Ive heard it is easy to do w/o taking out radio. so yeah Turn Signal Relay

Old 06-11-2008, 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: iMannyAM321

this happened to me last night.

I left my car in my moms garage when we left for the shore on friday and everything was fine.

On Sunday night I left to go back to my house and the turn signals had stopped working. If anyone had a DIY that would be awesome. I'll do some searching
Buy a new "Hazard Switch" for a mere $22 http://www.genuineaudiparts.com/. Carefully pry off the woodgrain panel surrounding the hazard flasher switch (I used a paper clip and bent the end 1/4" over to hook behind the panel, just push it in the gap, turn it 90 degrees and pull, works great!), push in the tabs on the old switch & pull it out, disconnect the plug on the back of the switch. Should take 10 minutes (45 minutes with a beer break!)

Old 06-11-2008, 12:44 PM

Instructions are perfect, I just did this a few weeks back. I actually got the part at, don't scream, the dealer. It was only $30. All the online places were about $20 or so, but wanted $10 to ship the thing.

Oh, and when you pull off the switch assembly, the wire harnass will want to pull right into the deep abyss of your dash. MAke sure you keep a good grip on that sucker. Keep a nice pair of needle nose pliers handy to fish out the wire harness.

Be very careful taking the wood grain plate off. Go real slow and take your time. The clips hold that thing on real tight.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:53 PM

I'll give the hazard switch a try.

To me, I don't see how that would help the turn signals, mainly because I have no clue about the car, but I will give it a shot, couldn't hurt. Unless of course I break something

Old 06-16-2008, 01:44 PM

Your blinkers are controled by the switch relay. The control lever runs an electrical signal to the relay to complete a circuit. If the part of the relay that deals with this goes bad, which is apparently pretty common, your blinkers can't be controlled. The interesting thing is that the hazard switch works even know the blinker lever does not. This is probably due to the wiring setup inside the relay.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned

i have a 99 a6 and i hate how slow the blinkers are....i test drove a 03 and the directionals were much faster...how can i make mine just as fast?

Quick Reply: turn signal problems