Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune Up, MC Swap, WONT START

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 08:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Tune Up, MC Swap, WONT START

2000 A6/S4 2.7t Auto/Quattro - 212k
Timing belt serviced 25k ago, new Airtex fuel pump/filter a month ago.
NO MODS, everthing is stock.
Bare with me, it's a long story:

CEL came on 2 weeks ago
----P0305 (Cyl 5 misfire)
-No spark, changed the plug, then the pack

CEL still on
----P0300 (Multiple Random Misfires)
Checked the injector at 5 with a noid tester, works fine
I read that it could be the two ICM's on the airbox and BERU made the replacements, just so happens the A6 2.7t at a junk yard near me had the BERU replacements.

Before i got a chance to get those i got in my car last week and my brake pedal went to the floor. Fluid was full in the reservoir, no leaks around it, brake lines solid. I ordered a replacement master cylinder from the salvage yard i work at. Pulled it into the garage Friday night (8/1/14), saturday morning i bought the ICM's for ten bucks.

-Replaced the MC, No problems.
-Replaced all six spark plugs (gapped at .028) and the air filter.
--While i was replacing the plugs i broke a PCV line? (not positive that's what it was, hard plastic line that runs from an inlet/outlet on the bank 2 valve cover, behind the engine to the lower intake?)
-Patched that with a rubber hose and it seems to seal ok.

Put the new BERU ICM's on and used dielectric grease.

Plugged EVERYTHING back in, went to start the car, cranks, sputtered a little and died.

I looked at the gap on the plugs that i pulled out and they were gapped at .050, kind of thought that was too high, but i pulled the new ones anyway and regapped them to what the originals were at. Checked for spark, definitely has spark (i was the ground).

The fuel pump does work so i've ruled that out. I have no idea what's causing this no start issue. I even put a jump pack on the battery thinking it was dead, still nothing. I had a code for injector 5 no open circuit but it cleared and hasn't come back.

I'm all ears at this point. It's driving me nuts.

Last edited by jmiller90; 08-04-2014 at 08:20 AM.