Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing Belt Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Default RE: Timing Belt Kits

ORIGINAL: mustang196718

ORIGINAL: daroshi
The OEM Audi pumpHAS a plastic impeller. Many of the reputable aftermarket ones are all metal. Try www.purems.comor www.blauparts.com . I believe that both offer kits that include an all metal pump. Got mine from blauparts.
well my 4.2 has never had the TB or water pump changed, and it had metal impellar fins.
The originator of the thread has a 2.7T, as I cleverly deduced by looking at the URL he listed for ECS...

Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear

throw in a new snub mount whiel yuo're at it... APR or the one from VAST.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:57 AM
1st Gear

the dealer tole me about 2800 to change mine cause its a 3.0L lol 2800!, howw much do you think ill save if i buy a kit?

Old 01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

I emailed ECS about the water pump as well as the number of cam seals the kit comes with. here is the reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. The kit includes two seals for the side of the motor that is taken apart. In order to replace all of the seals you would need to purchase two more. The kit does include the water pump with a metal impeller.

I hope this has helped, please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Best,
Given this, I think the ECS is going to be the best bang for the buckand it sounds like it's trusted by this forum. Thanks for everyone's input.