Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof leaking

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 02:33 AM
3rd Gear

Long time since February...

Last week I had some dead-time on hand and decided to try re-epoxy those broken arms.
I used the Permatex-made "PermaPoxy":

Even though I filed both sides pretty good trying to even out the surfaces, they didn't match perfectly because of the bonding angle and shortening of the sections (due to filing). Despite the shortcoming, this type of epoxy took care of the problem and I have once more a functioning sunroof.
However, this time I let the bonding cure for 72 hours before driving the car (it rained two of the days so she sat under the tarp).
I thought it was worth updating this if someone comes across this problem in the future.

Although I could have replaced the whole sunroof (found a good one on EBay for $ 200 - including shipping), I dreaded taking the headliner off again.
Thanks Permatex.

Last edited by chefro; 08-16-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:51 PM
1st Gear

In my 2003 A6 I had to remove the liner inside the rear wheel well. After that you have access to a kind of check valve (water can run down but can't go in).
This was stuck causing the sunroof not too drain.

Attached Thumbnails Sunroof leaking-rear-sunroof-drain.jpg  
Old 04-24-2011, 06:47 AM
3rd Gear

Great pic - it will really help people that come across the thread, searching for solutions.
I personally had only the rain tray problem. My drains were clear, although at the time I went through the whole hassle of taking the whole headliner off.
It looks like the drains on a C4 are much easier to locate and access.
Thanks again for the addition pic.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

Hate to revive an old thread but since I have the same problem better to not post something new? I have had the same problem and dropped the headliner when I pour some water out a 20 oz poland springs bottle the water not only comes out the passenger rear hose but a little also comes out the white piece that the hose attaches to. Not the hose end or nipple but around the plastic end of the tract I mean only alittle since I am fixing the hose what would I need to do to fix that? Any insight it looks like its screwed on there but from the top? Do I have to drop the whole sunroof tract to re seal it or should I just seal it from the back with an expoxy but that means if anything happens Im screwed right?