Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Place is What the Doctor Ordered: A6 S-Line

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 12:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: This Place is What the Doctor Ordered: A6 S-Line

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

Welcome to the forums. You car looks fine from the pic.... how is the condition, do you foresee any expenses? Is it still under warranty, or extended?? Smart choice with the Auto...I drive in the traffic too and I hate those 5 miles jams...imagine all those 1/4 wannabees in those jams pressing clutch 2000 times. They have to lift their leg while peeing.

I am sure you will have fun here, and sometimes not... I will give you a hint when that happens. All the best...again.
Thanks for having me here. The condition is excellent and its been very well maintained at 5k, 15k, 35k, and THANKFULLY the 45k service was JUST done on 01/16/08 (brake lines flushed). So, no immediate service required.Upcoming expenses? Sure! It's a 2.7T which is a "maintenance hog" right? It has 45k miles so it is under warranty and I'm working ongetting the manufacturer's warranty extended. Yes, I read about 15threads about the pros and cons of an extended warranty, but with my luck the turbos,SLUSH BOX tranny, seat motors, water pump, window motor, etc... will fail at 50,001 miles.Hey, if my SLUSH BOX tranny fails, I'll be sure to put in a 6-speed manual so I can get that .5 seconds in a 1/4 mile.

If I really wanted to start flamingthis thread, which I DEFINITELY don't want to do, I'd say that they don't have to lift their leg to pee, they have to squat. But, that would be rude, uncalled for and go against the spirit of what I SINCERELYwant to do which is bring A6 owners together so we can benefit each other instead of attempting to out do one another. And it is for that reason alone, I won't taunt someone else with a comment like that becauseI would like to work with in the spirit of building solutions.

I value people's input as long as it's constructive. There is a lot of value that gear heads and mod monsters offer. I suppose its how someone delivers that information that makes the most difference and my preference would be to work together to find solutions instead of throwing stones. We're all Audi owners here...in fact, we own the same damn car.

Regards,
Mark

Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM
1st Gear

Gigi,

Forgot to mention that you're ride looksdamn good! My guess it is also one of the sweetest riding A6's around! Tastefully done my friend.

Take care,
Mark

Old 01-27-2008, 02:41 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Mark,

I love the green paint! Not only is that rare, but it looks damn good imo. Just so you know though, silver paint shaves a half second off your 0-60 times. Boy I'm glad I have a silver A6.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:20 PM
2nd Gear

Oh yeah, Mark, Silver Audis are the fastest If you don't have silver, you'll lose all 1/4 miles manual or TIP Darn, why didn't anyone tell me so before I bough the slowest color )
So I have a TIP and it is blue... pluS IT IS NOT a S Line..I AM SO SCREWED and now I lost 1.5 sec for all these 3 reasons... so with my mods, it still takes me about 15.5 seconds to the 1/4 miles at 75mph [:@]with all my 5 kids pushing the car to get a better launch !!!
My next car will be a 6 spd silver s line with plenty of stickers for extra HP and maybe even neons!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Aceboympk

Gigi,

Forgot to mention that you're ride looksdamn good! My guess it is also one of the sweetest riding A6's around! Tastefully done my friend.

Take care,
Mark
Well Thank you Mark!
I do love my car but it is not quite where I want it yet... I guess it is the addiction.. regardlessI will keep it clean, it is very important to me just as it it is critical to have a good balance of show and go and stop and handle mods....
Don't know about the sweetest riding A6 around, maybe in Charlotte ah ah!

I actually just ordered my new suspension and will soon order my new wheels since I sold my 19: RSGT and am about to sell my 17" BBS and Shocks/springs.

Later, enjoy the 6.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Four Ring Circus

Mark,

I love the green paint! Not only is that rare, but it looks damn good imo. Just so you know though, silver paint shaves a half second off your 0-60 times. Boy I'm glad I have a silver A6.
Aaron,

NOW you tell me! Jeez, where were you when I was shopping around? I called a local indie shop asking how I can get more HP. They said to stop by. I smelled something fishy, so I asked them about the color. They asked what color I had and I told them green. They started yelling, something like "El Verde Diablo" and hung up. Not cool!

Then I googled GREEN A6 S-Line. Car and Driver, Edmonds, etc... all said the same thing: Green has not been tested as a color due to the rarity and unlikelihood anyone with an IQ higher than brocolliwould never buy a green A6 S-Line. Great! What's a guy to do?

Oh,I did find an article on Road and Track that said the S in S-Line stood for Slushbox or Sucker depending on the month the car was made (1st half of 04 was Slushbox and 2nd half was Sucker - I guess anyone who would have bought them in the 1st half of the year would have complained, so anyone buying them in the 2nd half of the year is a Sucker). I sure do wish someone would have posted this info prior to me buying my car. There goes my resale value! DAMN IT! [:@]

Peace out,
Mark

Old 01-27-2008, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: formulagigi

Oh yeah, Mark, Silver Audis are the fastest If you don't have silver, you'll lose all 1/4 miles manual or TIP Darn, why didn't anyone tell me so before I bough the slowest color )
So I have a TIP and it is blue... pluS IT IS NOT a S Line..I AM SO SCREWED and now I lost 1.5 sec for all these 3 reasons... so with my mods, it still takes me about 15.5 seconds to the 1/4 miles at 75mph [:@]with all my 5 kids pushing the car to get a better launch !!!
My next car will be a 6 spd silver s line with plenty of stickers for extra HP and maybe even neons!
Brice,

Please be careful with NEONS! Once when I was at Band Camp, there was this guy who put NEONS on a NEON and his car exploded (He wasn't liked, soI think itreally had something to do with sticking poprocks in his gas tank). I don't need to tell you where his flute wound up. Let's just say, wrong hole.

15.5 seconds in a 1/4 mile? Hmmm. I would check your flux capacitor. May need a recharge.

Later peeps,
Mark

Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
1st Gear

Mark

Welcome to the forum. I've learned so much just by reading the threads.

Let me start by saying the car looks great, you will love it. I've never owned a car that brought me so much joy.

There are a few very basic mods that don't cost alot that will add a little more juice while adding more reliability to your vehicle.

-Vast Performance "Piggy Pipes" (these are down pipes) $400-450
-APR Y pipe $400
-710N Diverter valves x2 $120
-H&R or Hotchkis fr and rr anti sway bars $450-500

This is around $1,500 and it's really all you would ever need to do if you aren't going racing.

The nice thing aboutthese carsis you can have all the performance in the dry weather but maintain the rock solid traction in the snow.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: jmpryor

Mark

Welcome to the forum. I've learned so much just by reading the threads.

Let me start by saying the car looks great, you will love it. I've never owned a car that brought me so much joy.

There are a few very basic mods that don't cost alot that will add a little more juice while adding more reliability to your vehicle.

-Vast Performance "Piggy Pipes" (these are down pipes) $400-450
-APR Y pipe $400
-710N Diverter valves x2 $120
-H&R or Hotchkis fr and rr anti sway bars $450-500

This is around $1,500 and it's really all you would ever need to do if you aren't going racing.

The nice thing aboutthese carsis you can have all the performance in the dry weather but maintain the rock solid traction in the snow.
Thank you! My guess is a good indie shop will know what these things are...because I don't.[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Do you know if any of these will void my manufacturer's warranty? I want to make sure that any modifications do NOT void it. There's about a 95% chance I'll be extending the manufacturer's warranty because I haven't hadvery good luck with European cars. The extended warranty isn't something I WANT to buy, but I really don't want to pay for blown turbos, tranny, etc...

Thanks again for the list! It is repeating what others have mentioned, so I think it is a good place to start. My guess is these prices are for parts and not labor? What is an AVERAGE expense to install these? Also, should I wait until the "patient is open" for a service (such as TB) to install them?

God, I hate showing how ignorant I am of cars. Everyone shaking their head right now wondering why I bought this? I certainly hope not. I'm not a DIY guy UNLESS someone shows me. Anyone feel like freezing their cajonies off in Chicago? I do have a heater in my garage. [sm=signs006.gif]

Regards,
Mark

Old 01-28-2008, 04:46 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Four Ring Circus

Mark,

You know the Audis in 1930s (Auto Union D type) were known as silver arrows... as they were painted in silver and were damn fast.

Quick Reply: This Place is What the Doctor Ordered: A6 S-Line