Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 Sensor, DIY

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Default o2 Sensor, DIY

Hey guys do you think that anyone could write out a step by step tutorial or direct me to a link of one about how to change the o2 sensor. Also where do you buy a sensor?

Old 02-06-2008, 11:43 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: o2 Sensor, DIY

trapped. first we would need to know what motor you have in your car (make a sig then everyone will know and can see it when you post)

then there are the front and rear o2's. I can do a wright up for you but I would need the first 2 questions answered first.

as far as the o2. contact the same people you were asking about for the tip chips. Vast Performance....I would e mail prince. Vast makes O2's they are the exact same sensor just made in house and for about 100$ less than the dealer

Old 02-07-2008, 12:12 AM

Ok cool thanks and by the way i drive the same car as you, a 2000 2.7t with tip... ill make the sig right away

Old 02-07-2008, 05:27 PM

I need to replace both Front sensors, sensor 1 left and right.... how do i do it? thanks

Old 02-07-2008, 11:35 PM

Anyone have pics... Im sure once i get under there ill see em, but help would be greatly apreciated!

Old 02-08-2008, 07:49 PM

Help? Please

Old 02-09-2008, 03:07 PM

OK, so today i decided to jack up my car to get under it, but i couldnt fit. and have room to work. Does anyone know how to get under the car... ramps? How do you get under there?

Old 02-09-2008, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

hey trapped, you can't see them from under the car because they are the ones you access from top of engine bay. remove intake duct going to airbox. remove sensors from top of air box. remove MAF sensor and corrugated hose going to y-pipe. remove top of airbox carefully. watch that the little o-ring doesn't fall out of the airbox into the engine. sensor 1 bank 1 is right down there below the firewall on the passenger side. shine a light down there and you should be able to see it. you'll need a crowe's foot o2 sensor wrench and a 24' extension bar to access it. you'll have to come at at an angle from the driver's side. as far as the driver's side sensor, i believe you remove the coolant take screws, disconnect the sensor from the bottom of the coolant tank, and swing it to the side. there is a heat shield down there that you'll have to unsnap to access the o2 sensor and connector. you'll also have to remove the y-pipe for this one. hope this helps. i'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

p.s. they are hard to get out so i sprayed some PB blaster on mine and let it sit for a few minutes. came right out.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:00 PM

ok yeah pictures would help alot, i never really worked on cars before, so im starting... to dothe easy stuff (ie. DV's) first, Thanks

Old 02-10-2008, 12:43 AM
1st Gear

i hear what you're saying. i've never worked on cars either until i got my 2.7t. after getting quotes from my mechanic and seeing how expensive everything is to have fixed, i said screw that. i'm going to learn to do as much as i can.

Quick Reply: o2 Sensor, DIY