Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mudd Flaps? Good idea? Bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Default Mudd Flaps? Good idea? Bad idea?

I’m looking at getting these for my '01 A6 2.7T..........

http://www.audipartssuperstore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=154

ShouldI also get the rear ones? Was just going to get front. I have the RS rims on my A6 and they are much wider, which is the reason for so much kick-up from the road. Its winter now and there’s lots of gravel. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Or even somewhereI can find them cheaper.

Also...funny story. I’ve had my Audi for about a month now and got my first ticket this morning.Was clocked at 85 in a 55....although I did not realize I was going that fast or that the speed limit dropped to 55 there.I used to drive a '90 Honda accord. Which was what? 120 hp? And I'm now up to 330hp. Even though the cop cut me a brake and wrote me a ticket for 75 in a 55, I was thinking about taking it to court anyway...maybe he wont show up, would that be really mean?

Old 12-07-2007, 01:56 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Mudd Flaps? Good idea? Bad idea?

Good idea? Uh, looks like a FUGLY idea to me... Maybe just me...

Old 12-07-2007, 02:50 PM
3rd Gear

They can help keep the stone dings off the sides of your car when you have wide tires. I once sandblasted the edges and sides of the fenders of a carin a few thousand miles when I put wide tires on it.

Which is uglier? sanblasted or flaps?

Your choice!

Old 12-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Default RE: Mud Flaps? Good idea? Bad idea?

they are good but a water collector and that means rust buttttt the Audi is galvanized metal so should rust cough and no signature to that

Old 12-07-2007, 02:59 PM

should not rust bloody spell checker failed again

Old 12-07-2007, 03:13 PM

Well. I was thinking i could take them off for the summer. Id buy plastic plugs the size of the holes i drill and coat with sillicone until the next winter. I agree they look "fugly" but so does chipped paint. I have a '93 VW Corrado as myfair weather car. I put bigger wheels on it and had to paint it in 2 years. Now it sits in a warm garage all winter so i dont have to worry about that, but i know how fast it can ruin paint. Even good coats of wax won't protect from that much punishment.

I'm certain the rear bumper is plastic so rust wont be a problem there.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

If you want mub flaps and think there're a good idea, thenwhy care what other people think about them. I like them personally, afterit rains, you won't have a lot of muddy waterstains down there by the wheels......some STI's have mud flaps that say STI on them.

You have to remember, if it's not "The Normal", then people will always have something negative to say about it, but at the end of the day, it was your money that brought it.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

My thoughts- I have an '07 A6 with the 18" wheels, and I'm also getting alot of sprayback along the sides of the car. I looked at Audi's mud flap offerings and wasn't too impressed- they'refugly alright. I'm guessing that mud flaps aren't all that popular on European cars to begin with- they'repretty American looking if you ask me. I was going to look around to see if the aftermarket might offer something a little more appealing.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:55 PM
SoCal Crew Member

how much whp do they give i hope alot because they look pretty retarded...

Old 12-08-2007, 01:21 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CodyR

Even though the cop cut me a brake and wrote me a ticket for 75 in a 55, I was thinking about taking it to court anyway...maybe he wont show up, would that be really mean?
Where I live, if you go to court, the officer can amend the ticket to the original speed. There goes your break(brake).

Quick Reply: Mudd Flaps? Good idea? Bad idea?