Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting CD Changer in 1997 Audi A6 Quattro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 03:04 PM
1st Gear
Default Mounting CD Changer in 1997 Audi A6 Quattro?

Greetings to all.

I just recently purchased a mint condition 1997 Audi A6 Quattro. I love it. Only thing I didn't like about it was it didn't come with a cd player/changer. Becuase whoever bought it didn't have the optional cd changer package installed in it. So I bought a CD changer off eBay. Got it today. I plugged it in the 8-pin plug (which runs from the right side of the trunk) and it works fine. Crystal clear in the Bose speakers. Now. The CD changer came with the mounting bracket, screws to mount the CD changer to the brackets and the screws for the bracket to be mounted to the car. It seems with how the changer sits in the bracket that it will be mounted from the top of the trunk. But I can't seem to find any mounting holes/screws. Am I over looking something or what. The bracket has 3 places for screws. The left side of the bracket has 2 screw places. The back-left screw-place is a little higher set than the left-front screw place. And the right side of the bracket only has on screw place in the middle. Any ideas?

Old 11-09-2004, 06:50 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Mounting CD Changer in 1997 Audi A6 Quattro?

can you take a picture of your changer and the braket for me? That will make it easier, there are several styles of brackets.

Old 11-10-2004, 06:38 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

can you take a picture of your changer and the braket for me? That will make it easier, there are several styles of brackets.
I wanted to keep from velcroing it in the trunk, I wanted it actually mounted. I tried every position in the top of the trunk with it in the bracket and nothing fits. It looks like it might have some holes in the trunk for a bracket, but I can't fit this in there. I'm not sure. Perhaps it takes a different bracket and if so what kind and where can I get it? So here's some good pictures I took:

Front:

Top:

Right Side:

Left Side:

CD Changer:

Trunk (Left Top Side):

Trunk (Center Top):

Trunk (Right Top Side):

Old 11-11-2004, 02:04 AM
1st Gear

I also recently bought a 1997 Audi A6 Quattro Avant and it has the stock radio (Audi Delta/Bose) radio with controls for a CD player but no CD changer. I am having trouble locating a CD changer which is unquestionably compatible with the radio. Any suggestions?

Old 11-11-2004, 03:42 AM
6th Gear

Those changer brackets are definetly designed to be mounted on the upper trunk deck. If you can't find the holes, are you confortable drilling a couple small ones? It shoulnt be a big deal.

97's require an 8 Pin CD changer. There are really only two options. Go to the dealer and buy one for 500 bucks, or surf ebay and buy one for 200 bucks.

Old 11-11-2004, 07:30 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: NDAudi

I also recently bought a 1997 Audi A6 Quattro Avant and it has the stock radio (Audi Delta/Bose) radio with controls for a CD player but no CD changer. I am having trouble locating a CD changer which is unquestionably compatible with the radio. Any suggestions?
Well, I bought mine off eBay for $300, with the S&H added on. My tip is try doing that, but make sure the changer comes with the mounting brackets. You could technically velcro it in your trunk, but it seems kind of tacky to do that. I heard that they don't make CD changers for the Delta CC systems anymore and that they're obsolete. I don't know if this is true, I just heard it through other forums and eBay sellers selling Delta CC compatiable CD changers. Good luck.

Old 11-11-2004, 07:33 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

Those changer brackets are definetly designed to be mounted on the upper trunk deck. If you can't find the holes, are you confortable drilling a couple small ones? It shoulnt be a big deal.

97's require an 8 Pin CD changer. There are really only two options. Go to the dealer and buy one for 500 bucks, or surf ebay and buy one for 200 bucks.
It looks like that's what I'll have to do, or velcro it. Thanks for the input.

Old 11-11-2004, 07:39 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: NDAudi

I found one that is being sold exactly like mine. Here's the eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW