Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with DEBADGING

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Default RE: Issues with DEBADGING

ORIGINAL: Dake

Seems a bit harsh calling someone's ride a Bulls_it model. It is prety much common feeling that the car looks a lot sleaker with the badges removed. I would even like to remove the Audi circles and let people think its a Hyundi. I really don't care if anyone but me likes the look.

I'm not talking about his ride, im talkin in general, I seen people take the badges off of Benz's S500 because they done have the 600 (The Best), I seen people take the badges off of the 4.0 Range Rover because they dont have the 4.6 HSE (The best), I even seen people take the badges off of 2.5 Altimas because they dont have the 3.5 V6.If you cantget the best, you shouldn't be driven it, get the best of what you can afford, but dontget second best and front like its the best.

thats my opinion.....thats all it is.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Costner

ORIGINAL: Cappachinoo

Why would you want to debadge a $40K+ car, you got a Audi, not a Honda, if you have a 2.7T, advertise it, why hide it.
Because some people are more concerned about looks than "advertising" what they have. It's a concept known as modesty....and the car looks incredible without badges.
The problem I have with youCostner is, you read into stuff to much, you always tryin to pick apart what I say to prove a point, and the point was "Why debadge a $40K car", if you had a Lambo you wouldnt debadge that, you would be a fool to. The other point is "Why mess up a $40K car", you mess up Hondas and Toyotas, why mess up a Audi, unless your Mommy and Daddy brought it foryou and you could care less.

Another thing... you said "some people are more concerned about looks than advertising" why hide what you drive, there is a lot of other "nice" looking cars out there, but what did you go and do, you brought (or your Mommy and Daddy brought) an Audi, you could havd brought a Ford if you wanted something that looks nice.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

[...]the point was "Why debadge a $40K car", if you had a Lambo you wouldnt debadge that, you would be a fool to. The other point is "Why mess up a $40K car", you mess up Hondas and Toyotas, why mess up a Audi, unless your Mommy and Daddy brought it foryou and you could care less.

Another thing... you said "some people are more concerned about looks than advertising" why hide what you drive, there is a lot of other "nice" looking cars out there, but what did you go and do, you brought (or your Mommy and Daddy brought) an Audi, you could havd brought a Ford if you wanted something that looks nice.
The people I have heard of de-badging their cars was due to cleaning up the rear end and making it look better. It has NOTHING to do with hiding a lower end model or pretending they have something they don't. If that was the goal, you can easily purchase a set of RS6 badges and try to fool some people (as some have done) but a straight de-badge job is typically done for looks.

If someone owns a Lambo and prefers a clean look - why would they be a fool to de-badge it? You seem to be more concerned with name brands than overall look and function of the vehicle. The fact is, all badges do is advertise what you have and collect wax and polish residue. Not having to deal with them when detailing is probably worth the effort to remove them on its own.

You also seem to think de-badging is "messing up" a car, but most would disagree. You aren't sticking on a plastic body kit or windshield washer LEDs or a huge coffee can exhaust here - you are merely removing some words from the back of your car. Do you have a brand name on all of your clothes? Does it bother you if you purchase a $90 Polo shirt and it DOESN'T have a little horse on the front? The reality is that some people just don't care about name brands. They are comfortable with the knowledge that they know what they are driving and they could care less what others think. If someone needs some words and letters on the back of a car to know what type of car it is, chances are they would have no idea the difference of a 2.8 or a 2.7T anyway.

As far as my choice of vehicle, I bought my A6 because of several factors. I like the refinement of German automobiles. I like the stability of AWD (especially in my area where we get boatloads of snow). I like the power of twin turbo engines. I like the form and functionality of the interior. I like the styling of both the interior and exterior, and yes I even like the cupholders. I did NOT buy it merely because the back said "Audi" nor did I buy it due to arrogance. I bought it (quite simply) because I liked it.

I also haven't had "Mommy and Daddy" buy me a car since they gave me my first one. It was a 1986 Chevy Cavalier than cost around $2500, but from that point until now my cars have been paid for via my own pocket and via my own gainful employment.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

Not to bring things back to the subject BUT, does anyone know if you can remove the AUDI circles above the rear plate on the deck lid?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Costner

[...]the point was "Why debadge a $40K car", if you had a Lambo you wouldnt debadge that, you would be a fool to. The other point is "Why mess up a $40K car", you mess up Hondas and Toyotas, why mess up a Audi, unless your Mommy and Daddy brought it foryou and you could care less.

The people I have heard of de-badging their cars was due to cleaning up the rear end and making it look better. It has NOTHING to do with hiding a lower end model or pretending they have something they don't. If that was the goal, you can easily purchase a set of RS6 badges and try to fool some people (as some have done) but a straight de-badge job is typically done for looks.

If someone owns a Lambo and prefers a clean look - why would they be a fool to de-badge it? You seem to be more concerned with name brands than overall look and function of the vehicle. The fact is, all badges do is advertise what you have and collect wax and polish residue. Not having to deal with them when detailing is probably worth the effort to remove them on its own.

You also seem to think de-badging is "messing up" a car, but most would disagree. You aren't sticking on a plastic body kit or windshield washer LEDs or a huge coffee can exhaust here - you are merely removing some words from the back of your car. Do you have a brand name on all of your clothes? Does it bother you if you purchase a $90 Polo shirt and it DOESN'T have a little horse on the front? The reality is that some people just don't care about name brands. They are comfortable with the knowledge that they know what they are driving and they could care less what others think. If someone needs some words and letters on the back of a car to know what type of car it is, chances are they would have no idea the difference of a 2.8 or a 2.7T anyway.

As far as my choice of vehicle, I bought my A6 because of several factors. I like the refinement of German automobiles. I like the stability of AWD (especially in my area where we get boatloads of snow). I like the power of twin turbo engines. I like the form and functionality of the interior. I like the styling of both the interior and exterior, and yes I even like the cupholders. I did NOT buy it merely because the back said "Audi" nor did I buy it due to arrogance. I bought it (quite simply) because I liked it.

I also haven't had "Mommy and Daddy" buy me a car since they gave me my first one. It was a 1986 Chevy Cavalier than cost around $2500, but from that point until now my cars have been paid for via my own pocket and via my own gainful employment.

If you cant wax your car the right way and not get wax on the badges, then you dont know what your doing. its call "take your time" I work for a living, if I want to buy brand name thing, shoot, it my money. I alway udgrade, 79 Ford Mustang (first car $400 no Mommy and Daddy help), 94 Nissan Sentra, 99 Infiniti I30, now the 04 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line, so yea, I'm gonna advertise what I got and sh*t on others, I paid for it so why hide what I brought.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

Come On gentleman,

It looks to me that this thread was started in regards to "detailing". I personally like the debadging. I'm always working on my car, especially the paint, so I like that I have my car debadged. Lets keep it professional. We are all supposed to be here to help one another.

Respect to all!

OOOO

Old 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

I'm gonna advertise what I got and sh*t on others
And you wonder why you get yourself into these arguments. With an attitude likes yours, I'm sure this won't be the last time.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:38 PM

I understand that it looks cleaner, but its also sayin that you got the bull s*it model and you tryin to hide it. It can go both ways.
I'd just like to say that he originally asked how to clean up after debadging, he wasn't asking for opinions on debadging and that is what you 1st chimed in with, great, opinions are opinions and the forum is here for people to ask for opinions as well as technical help, but you don't have to tear down what someone has done to their car. Some might think that the 2.7T is the bulls*it model and the 4.2 is the best, to each his own. I think if you own a 2.7T, it should be the 6-speed, but to each his own. I'm going to debadge mine because it looks better, just like I think the A6 shouldn't have the RS6 spoiler, it looks stupid to me, factory or not. I think you're still mad at Costner from the Oil thread you started but didn't read all the way through the article before posting it. That's all, I'm sure you'll get mad at me now.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear

Christ....debadge if you want, if you don't--then don't. I have a 4.2 and the year it was built it had every possible option you could get. The car cost 70K and WAS the best you could get for the time.I will debadge it for my own personal taste and I have nothing to prove. Most others who do the same, think the same. If you can't tell between a 4.2 and lesser models than you are either AUDI retarded, or blind, or a combination of the two. This thread was not started for personal vanity but rather an attempt to educate others on the technique of debadging. If ya wnat to know what's irritiating is people who run their piehole and argue on a forum over stupid opinions no one give a squirt of **** about.....Feel me people?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:46 AM
1st Gear

I would be more then happy to assist anyone who has questions in regards to debadging!

Peace to all!

OOOO

Quick Reply: Issues with DEBADGING