Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interested in purchasing 2.7t, 2004 s-line, or older 6spd

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Default RE: interested in purchasing 2.7t, 2004 s-line, or older 6spd

ORIGINAL: Tha Abbot

ORIGINAL: Tha H.N.I.C

After reading what everyone is saying, it seems to me that if you don’t have an S-Line, then you are a “S-Line hater” because you don’t have one and the only claim that the guys can make for why they don’t like/wouldn’t buy/ or don’t want one is because it’s a tip instead of a “true” 5 or 6 speed.

Lol….it cracks me up when people say that they could care less about the 15 extra hp, lol……but you guys TRY to add the 15 more hp with all of that bolt on crap. you even try to add the spoiler to make it look likethe S-Line.

Out of all of the 2.7’s, the S-Line is the top of the line and it’s “the classic”. 2004 was the last year body style for the A6, and they ended it BIG with the S-Line. I mean look at the car. Despite you the guys who don’t have one thinks, it looks just like the RS6. The S-Line is the lil brother of the RS6.

If you can’t afford the RS6, but you like the RS6 look (which most, if not all of us do), that’s reason enuff to buy a S-Line.

GOOTTT DAYUM LOL,Nocturnal,Tha H.N.I.C., and myself know what we got, and it's not just a trim level.In life people hate on what they don't have, this is just another example!!

I drive insport mode all the time, when I hit the gas hard, I can get it to redline easily, under normal driving, the gears change at 4000 RPM's, higher ifI'm ballin'....the same as the 6 speed.

If you have a 6 speed, go test drive a S-Line, then make a comment.
I got to drive a S-Line from the dealer when I had the rear sunshade replaced. It was nice, but just like the other 2.7T's I drove with an auto. I did like the wheels and spoiler though.I don't see the S-Line being a "classic" car, however. Also, I don't think any A6 is top of the line unless it has sport seats instead of the flat seats.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: xb70valkarye

People! We all love our Audis (hopefully) and we are here to help each other. Lets not hate.

Once you get beyond the generic transport modules a good car has a lot to do with how it make you feel. Even though the tip is not a good example many "auto" gearboxes will perform better than most drivers can on their best day. I have a 6 speed manual but until I can figure out that perfect launch my chances of beating a tip sits with the Playboy bunnies who all want to share my bed with me. But it is the feeling I get when i shift gears myself, no computer telling me when to shift (and it does even in manual mode on the tip), holding whichever gear I want while going straight to it, knowing when I make a mistake, gets me feeling much more part of the car. Despite amazing autos these days cars like the RS4, M5, M6 etc still come with a manual option.

The fact is, as stated before, that a 6 speed with the sport package (seats, suspension etc) is essentially mechanically identical to a S-line and in the hands of the right driver it is faster. But it all comes down to how you feel. The S-line is a trim package. Some may put the S-line package in the same category as 22s with low profiles on a Hummer or a wad of tiolet paper in your shorts to make you look bigger but if it makes you feel good that is all that counts.

Drive both and decide. For me it is the 6 speed with the sport package all the way. Do tell us what you decide.

i like this dude

Old 11-02-2007, 05:06 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bdmstang

ORIGINAL: Tha Abbot

ORIGINAL: Tha H.N.I.C

After reading what everyone is saying, it seems to me that if you don’t have an S-Line, then you are a “S-Line hater” because you don’t have one and the only claim that the guys can make for why they don’t like/wouldn’t buy/ or don’t want one is because it’s a tip instead of a “true” 5 or 6 speed.

Lol….it cracks me up when people say that they could care less about the 15 extra hp, lol……but you guys TRY to add the 15 more hp with all of that bolt on crap. you even try to add the spoiler to make it look likethe S-Line.

Out of all of the 2.7’s, the S-Line is the top of the line and it’s “the classic”. 2004 was the last year body style for the A6, and they ended it BIG with the S-Line. I mean look at the car. Despite you the guys who don’t have one thinks, it looks just like the RS6. The S-Line is the lil brother of the RS6.

If you can’t afford the RS6, but you like the RS6 look (which most, if not all of us do), that’s reason enuff to buy a S-Line.

GOOTTT DAYUM LOL,Nocturnal,Tha H.N.I.C., and myself know what we got, and it's not just a trim level.In life people hate on what they don't have, this is just another example!!

I drive insport mode all the time, when I hit the gas hard, I can get it to redline easily, under normal driving, the gears change at 4000 RPM's, higher ifI'm ballin'....the same as the 6 speed.

If you have a 6 speed, go test drive a S-Line, then make a comment.
I got to drive a S-Line from the dealer when I had the rear sunshade replaced. It was nice, but just like the other 2.7T's I drove with an auto. I did like the wheels and spoiler though.I don't see the S-Line being a "classic" car, however. Also, I don't think any A6 is top of the line unless it has sport seats instead of the flat seats.

i dont think any A6, other then the RS6, is a classic. i just said that because Techbod said that the regural A6 6-speed was a classic

Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 PM
2nd Gear

I really eprsonally don't care which I own as I enjoy customizing my ride anyway.... but Alias is correct the TIP is about 0.5 sec slower and that's a big difference for those who argue about 1/4 miles and 0-60 times, and obvisouly care enough about it. think 1/2 sec is about 3 cars lengths at 1/4 mile.
As For the person who said the S line looks like the RS6.. more than the regualr A6??? Spoiler aside....There are WAY more differences b/w the RS6 and the A6 SLine than b/w the A6 S and regualr A6! I personally can't care less which I own because the differences are so minimal I chose to buy the best A6 2.7 I could find on the used market.
One of my best friend owns the 04 A6 Sline and I own the mere 04 A6... ( and Ihave pics of our car to prove he and his car exists).Side by side... uh... no difference but the rear lip spoiler which I added for $300 and the rims, which becomes a matter of taste. Mine (BBS RC) were actually better being lighter and probably higher quality than the one that came on his Sline. Oh I forgot the unvaluable S Line badge... anyone can get for a few bucks...
Suspension:. SAME, feels, drives and looks the same (height) - Yes I drove his car, yes we parked them side by side to compare them...
Seats: SAME Exactly actually the whole interior is the Same! and no I do NOT have the sport package. His Sline and my A6 DO NOT have the sport seats, an option on both.
Engine: extra 15 HP advantage to theS line,WHICH by the way DOES NOT make up for the Slush box and the 1/2 second difference to 60. And honestly we could not tell the difference.
Again I don't care but I was able to compare these two cars in details and drive both... S Line IS NOT worht the price difference.
I would definitely pick a 6 Speed over a TIP regardless of trim. But it i's me... I miss the maual transmission and the slush box kills this car! But if I had to chose b/w a much older A6 6Spd and a newer in much better condition with warranty Sline TIP, I would pick the Sline or just wait to find a nice 6 Spd.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear

Like this dude??? Hey, let it be the Audi forum, not gay forum!

Old 11-03-2007, 02:12 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: formulagigi

I really eprsonally don't care which I own as I enjoy customizing my ride anyway.... but Alias is correct the TIP is about 0.5 sec slower and that's a big difference for those who argue about 1/4 miles and 0-60 times, and obvisouly care enough about it. think 1/2 sec is about 3 cars lengths at 1/4 mile.
As For the person who said the S line looks like the RS6.. more than the regualr A6??? Spoiler aside....There are WAY more differences b/w the RS6 and the A6 SLine than b/w the A6 S and regualr A6! I personally can't care less which I own because the differences are so minimal I chose to buy the best A6 2.7 I could find on the used market.
One of my best friend owns the 04 A6 Sline and I own the mere 04 A6... ( and Ihave pics of our car to prove he and his car exists).Side by side... uh... no difference but the rear lip spoiler which I added for $300 and the rims, which becomes a matter of taste. Mine (BBS RC) were actually better being lighter and probably higher quality than the one that came on his Sline. Oh I forgot the unvaluable S Line badge... anyone can get for a few bucks...
Suspension:. SAME, feels, drives and looks the same (height) - Yes I drove his car, yes we parked them side by side to compare them...
Seats: SAME Exactly actually the whole interior is the Same! and no I do NOT have the sport package. His Sline and my A6 DO NOT have the sport seats, an option on both.
Engine: extra 15 HP advantage to theS line,WHICH by the way DOES NOT make up for the Slush box and the 1/2 second difference to 60. And honestly we could not tell the difference.
Again I don't care but I was able to compare these two cars in details and drive both... S Line IS NOT worht the price difference.
I would definitely pick a 6 Speed over a TIP regardless of trim. But it i's me... I miss the maual transmission and the slush box kills this car! But if I had to chose b/w a much older A6 6Spd and a newer in much better condition with warranty Sline TIP, I would pick the Sline or just wait to find a nice 6 Spd.

PERFECT thread closer... Props for a valuable post as usual Gigi. Maybe I am a little biased because it reinforces pretty much everything I have been saying this whole thread. Thanks. LOL

Old 11-03-2007, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

Like this dude??? Hey, let it be the Audi forum, not gay forum!
Gay forum??? What/who are you referring to?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:03 PM
3rd Gear

That was a fun read. It's nice to see A6ers beating on each other instead of the lowly BMW drivers or some poor ricer.

For the record, I like the looks of the S-line and I like the looks of my plain-jane A6. I was lucky that the original owner had experience with an S4 and ordered most of the good options for me when he traded it for the A6. But the most important one was the MT6. I can't imagine having an automatic, even when I get stuck poking along in a traffic jam. The fun of shifting....actually driving....offsets a spoiler in my mind. And my A6 came with the sport suspension in 2003 as well as the exhausts thru the rear valence. I wish he had optioned the sport seats, tho.

+15 hp is nice, if tough to measure. If you want real power, stick in a chip for +70hp and consider K04s for serious performance. Don't need an S-line for either of those.

I would not add the spoiler so I look like a fake S-line. But, on the other hand, I bought RS4 replica wheels because I loved their look. After a wash and wax, I stand back and admire the lines of my A6. It's a great looking motor car in either configuration.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

What ticked me off was when Four Ring Circus, said that there is nothing much to S-line, than a spoiler and badge. I mean, how ignorant can you be?

I don't meant to look down at guys here who don't have S-line. But, I, along with others are making a point that there is more than a spoiler that makes S-line, ...ah let's say S-line.

Abbott, where are you in Maryland?. I am in Gaithersburg. Let's try to get all Audi enthus of Maryland together and take our rides out, just like HOG (Harley Owners Group)!
I'm only replying to this since I got called out by name. You are totally misquoting me, Nocturnal. If you go back and read my post, my intent was to compare your s-line to my 2.7T sport package. I have sport seats and a lowered stiffer suspension. So was I wrong to say your s-line adds a spoiler, a badge set, a Tip, and 15 hp (which you left out)? I also recalltyping that I like the s-line, I just prefer my six-speed. So where is the disrespect on my part?

I reread my post and saw my comment about the S-line not adding enough to be top of the line. I'll concede that it is a top of the line A6, but I will continue to argue that I'd rather have my set up with the six speed. That is obviously a personal preference.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

http://trucksintexas.autorevo.com/we...spx?iid=199875

just a thought...

Quick Reply: interested in purchasing 2.7t, 2004 s-line, or older 6spd