Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Integrated Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:13 PM
3rd Gear

Wonderful...one pointless issue revived....talking about "ego trip"...

It depends on what side of the fence you are.
If you are a patrol police officer told what your daily task is, then that's called you are doing your job.
If you are on the other side of the fence, as a stoop and irresponsible driver who likes to speed, then that's called "silly cops", or "cops on a power or ego trip"...

I doubt that a civil engineer who's given a certain project by his superiors does something totally different, just because he thinks he can use the money toward better causes. To think is that way isn't just silly...is plain stupid and argumentative just for the sake of arguing.
The highway patrol cops' job is to monitor the traffic and enforce the existing traffic laws. They are paid to do THAT and more (as sometimes they catch trafficants of illegal substances, and/or criminals).
The gentleman gave his point of view from the law side of the fence. To call him "silly" or as being on a "power/ego trip" that's just idiotic, especially for someone with higher education. However, perhaps the keg parties were the center core of that "high" education, and that would explain the obvious.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:04 AM
1st Gear

MNA6....btw, laser is instant, radar is not. But besides that, your instant on/off radar gun you're so fond of is a continuous wave type radar beam. Being such (and the same with all radar beams), there are side lobes. You direct most of the radar's energy at a particular car, but not all of it. The rest flies off at different angles to the main beam. The energy also leaks, bounces off other cars, buildings, signs, etc. Point being, THAT is the energy you hope to pick up by the radar detector. If the main beam hits my car and gets back to the gun, you're right, too late (assuming I'm within 1/2 the range of the radar energy). But hopefully you've tried spotlighting other cars in front of me. Oh, and by the way...your radar beam has to hit my car and go all the way back to your gun, doubling whatever distance it had to go to reach my car....that also means that my radar detector can pick up your beam at twice the range your gun can read it, since it is only a receiver.