Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm happy I don't drive an A4!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 PM
3rd Gear

No, you haven't made a mistake. The fines are up to $ 110 for anyone, if they broke the speed limit by "only" under 12 mph.

Since you said that 12 mph boundry of BREAKING THE SPEED LAW makes no sense, my question to you was:
What number (speed) it would make (better) sense to you to consistently break the law without being harshly (hefty fines) punished, as compared to someone who still breaks the law, but at a lower number (speed)?

It isn't hard to come up with an answer.
What would be a "fair" speed range for a "rich" person to drive over the speed limit (break the law) without being more harshly punished than a "poor" driver?

15 mph over the speed limit?
18 mph over the speed limit?
20 mph over the speed limit?
23 mph over the speed limit?
25 mph over the speed limit?

Or let me rephrase the question:
Are you in favor of a speed range boundary or you are against it, and pro having the laughable and money-able, repeted offender "rich" driver consistently break the law time after time, knowing that the fine he has to pay when clocked is just like a "night out" at a second-hand restaurant?
(And as I said, let's leave aside the suspension/revocation of driving privileges).

Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 AM
3rd Gear

Why have fines? How about licence grades?

Grade D - Std licence. Your allowed to go no more than 5 MPH over the speed limit for the standard cost

Grade C - Super Novice - Your allowed to go no more than 10 MPH over the speed limit -cost an additional $200 per year.

Grade B - expert - your allowed to go no more than 20 MPH over the speed limit - cost an additional $2000 per year.

Grade A - death wish - your allowed to go any damn speed you wish - costs $20,000 per year

If you get caught going more than your allocated speed range you have 1 day to come with 10 times the amount in the catagory you got caught or you loose your right to drive anything except a tricycle on sunny days.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:08 PM
3rd Gear

This sounds like a very interesting system.

How would you place the drivers into the respective categories, based on what they can afford to buy?
Would you have in place a system other than money-based to determine who's an "expert" driver and who's a "super novice"?

You can surely find 12-14 yrs old kids growing on a farm that drive better than an old and slow as molases "rich" woman/man who would be able to afford an "expert" or "death wish" license.

As far as the "death wish category", I like the approach.
However, what's happening when this type of driver commits an accident due to reckless speed and kills as a consequence several people, or even one person?
What's happening with an "expert" driver who commits a similar offence as a consequence of that up-to-20mph-over-the-limit speed?

Last edited by chefro; 01-28-2009 at 01:11 PM.