Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Homelink

Hi,

in order to use homelink for a garage door opener - does the opener have to be of a certain year, mine is pretty old still works but i cannot get it programmed for the life of me.
any input would be really appreciated.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:21 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Homelink

What are you programming? The current garages have rotating number sequence and my not be able to adapt to the technology.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM
1st Gear

He just mentioned that its an OLD garage door opener, not a new one! You shouldn't have any trouble getting it to work. If memory serves me, just click and hold in a homelink button with your garage openers button depressed facing right at the homelink module. Hold for atleast 5 seconds. I believe most of them have the LED light. When it blinks it's in memory mode. I think it may even go solid after it has been memorized and recorded, but I can't recall as it's been a while since I coded one.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
3rd Gear

I've tried getting my home link button to work and could never do it. I live in a condo, so I think the garage might be programmed to not adapt to a homelink system for the sake of someone moving out and being able to get back into the garage. Do you rent?

Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: cary12

I've tried getting my home link button to work and could never do it. I live in a condo, so I think the garage might be programmed to not adapt to a homelink system for the sake of someone moving out and being able to get back into the garage. Do you rent?
Same thing here, i've tried everything to get it to work with this condo system and its driving me bananas a year later.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:28 AM
3rd Gear

It must be a safety thing and can't be done. You are supposed to be able to do the gates too. We are in a gated community and I can't program the gate either.

Cary

Old 07-20-2007, 12:55 PM

My "rolling code" garage door has a "learn new remote button" that I have to press - then I hit the homelink button and the garage door associates with the car's homelink. All rolling code (newer openers) that I've run into have this. You can't use the old garage door remote to program these if its a newer system. Craftsman opener its a little blue button on the top right of the back side of the opener (if you're in the garage facing door).

-Jeff

Old 07-21-2007, 01:23 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Try resetting the home link. I believe you hold the outer two buttons down for about 20 seconds (?) and you will see the light blink differently than before when it is reset. For my new garage door, I have the rolling codes. This means you cant simply press the remote button and home link buttons simultaneously to program. I believe I had to press a button on the side of the actual opener motoruntil a light blinked on the side of the opener. Then I got back in my car and held the 1st button on my homelink down until it opened my garage. There are instructions for this in the manual but I can't get to them at the moment. You can ask your community manager/chairman etc. if there is a rolling code for the gate and find out if there is a program button to press. Good luck.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:24 PM
2nd Gear

Hey look what I found by searching for "homelink"!

https://www.audiforums.com/m_504553/tm.htm

GL

Old 07-23-2007, 01:53 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the info guys, I have tried most of the things you have mentioned, resetting homelink and what not, I have my outdoor house lights programmed to it and they work fine, I am not sure if I ever tried to program it the specific ways you mentioned regarding holding the opener in certain positions.

I used to work at a very high end Condo, and Alexi Yashin lived in one of the penthouse's and he had to send his mercedes to Toronto to have them program the opener for the gate and the garage, we provided him the codes and the dealership was somehow able to do it.

Quick Reply: Homelink