Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi Guys Need Some Expert Advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Hi Guys Need Some Expert Advice!!!

I have an electrical problem

My remote does not fuction, my interior lights do not go on meaning dome lights, windows do not open or close, hrn is not working, sunroof either, cannot lock or unlock car from inside ( have to manualy lock all doors)

I wonder is there a relay that connects all these things together?
I have checked all fuses nd are good.
I had the same problem last year .replaced battery and everything started working again. even though my battery ,starter and alt were still good.My car has a car starter installed. and once in a few times because of this problem it will not start with the car starter. It turns over just does not stay on. I wonder if my car starter is causing all of my problems.

Thinking of buying the obd2 vag wire stuff can i check the problem with that?

So what do you guys think? anyone a audi mecanic can help me?

Old 10-28-2009, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

I'm not a mechanic, but just a suggestion make sure your fuses are the right amperage, and I would just replace them anyway to see what happens.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:05 PM
1st Gear

If you try to jump-start it (don't try, just hook up like you were going to), what happens? You get your lights and horn back?

Put a volt-meter on the battery. What's it read, before and after you hook up another battery via jumper cables? If you don't have at least 12.5 volts, you aren't going to start anything (although you should have lights and horn down to under 12 volts somewhere).

Battery dead, have alternator checked after you replace or recharge the battery. Your alternator should be putting out 14 to 18 volts when the rpm's are above normal.

Battery good, check battery cables to ensure they are tight and your negative goes to ground.

Also, if the battery is really dead, than you may have to reprogram your remote to the car.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:46 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Sorry if I was not precise with my explanation.
But my car starts fine when I use the key in the ignition .
I will test battery with a voltmeter and check voltage.

Thanks for your inputs guys Highly appreciated

Old 10-28-2009, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

Ahhh. While you can still check the battery if you want, since it starts just stick the key in the ignition, turn it to ON (don't start it), and click the unlock button on your remote. I think that's how you can assign keys. The other way is to click unlock, insert the key into the driver's door lock and turn it to the unlock position. Then remove the key, and it should work.
I don't have the manual handy, but one of those should work, as all those systems except the horn maybe, work based on the remote.