Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Carfax for an Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:41 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Help With Carfax for an Audi A6

I am of the opinion that asking for something, that is relativley inexpensive, from people that you do not know personally,
is LOW CLASS. beng

Old 10-07-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: beng

I am of the opinion that asking for something, that is relativley inexpensive, from people that you do not know personally,
is LOW CLASS. beng
Read the request. He said he could not access carfax from where he was. If you read the car fax, the car is in Lebanon. I'm not sure if you can access a secure carfax site from lebanon. I could be wrong though...

Old 10-07-2007, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

He has the right to look up all the vehicles he wants how he wants to use that for him or for someone else is totally up to him. CarFax knows this happens and believe me they are doing fine. It is 100% different than sneaking someone under an insurance policy.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: rock

ORIGINAL: Costner

Personally I'd give you a -20 for promoting the idea that people should steal from carfax. If you appreciate the service they offer then support them by paying for it. This is no better than sneaking a friend into the hospital under your insurance. Yes it doesn't cost YOU anything, but it does cost someone else something.

People will find any excuse not to pay for it. If you can reach this website, you can reach carfax and pay for it. Period.

I look at it like borrowing a tool from a friend. Instead of paying $30 to rent a "tool", I let him borrow mine. It's all good dude. Some people are different.
The problem is, the "friend" in this case is Carfax. Did you ask Carfax if they minded that you loaned their tool to someone else?

Sorry - you simply cannot justify this. It goes against the agreement you made with Carfax when signing up for their service.....or did you not understand what "personal use" means?

Old 10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tmgolfx360

He has the right to look up all the vehicles he wants how he wants to use that for him or for someone else is totally up to him. CarFax knows this happens and believe me they are doing fine. It is 100% different than sneaking someone under an insurance policy.
100% dead wrong.

Here is the agreement directly from the Carfax website:

I agree to pay a one-time charge of $29.99 (USD), plus applicable sales tax, according to my card issuer agreement. This 30 day Unlimited CARFAX Reports Plan is valid for 30 days from the date the first report is run, and is intended for my personal use only. Commercial use, resale and redistribution of CARFAX Reports is strictly prohibited. "Commercial Use" is defined as use by persons engaged in the business of researching, buying and/or selling of automobiles, the resale or redistribution of Reports, or any other business purpose as determined by CARFAX, Inc. Indicators of Commercial Use may include, an excessive number of reports run during a specific time period.
ANY COMMERCIAL USE OF CARFAX VEHICLE HISTORY REPORTS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND ANY SUSPECTED COMMERCIAL USE WILL LEAD TO THE SUSPENSION OF YOUR ACCOUNT, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE SUFFICIENT PROOF THAT YOUR USE IS PURELY PERSONAL; FAILURE TO DO SO PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT WILL RESULT IN THE DEACTIVATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT, WITHOUT REFUND AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION. PROOF OF PERSONAL USE MAY INCLUDE; DETAILING HOW YOU ARE USING THE CARFAX ACCOUNT AND SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF THE SITES OR LOCATIONS WHERE YOU ARE FINDING THE VEHICLES THAT ARE BEING OFFERED FOR SALE. THE DETERMINATION OF PERSONAL USE IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF CARFAX, INC. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE, AND YOU AGREE TO PAY TO CARFAX, INC., AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $24.99 FOR EACH CARFAX VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT THAT CARFAX, INC. DEEMS WAS ACCESSED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
I agree that my CARFAX Report purchase also shall be governed by all the Terms and Conditions of use of the CARFAX Web Site. If you purchased the Unlimited Account and are not 100% satisfied you qualify for a refund if:
> You have not, nor has any member of your household, received a refund from CARFAX within the last 12 months.
> You have run two or less CARFAX Reports on the Account.
> Your refund is requested within 30 days of purchase.
> A refund will not be provided if you have used the CARFAX Report or service for commercial purposes or otherwise violated the terms of use.
So again, what part of "personal use" is so hard to understand? Sure Carfax knows this is happening, but the RIAA knows people download MP3s from Limewire too....do you think they are ok with it?

This website isn't intended for people to start stealing from Carfax or anyone else. When people do so, it tarnishes the reputation of us all as if we condone this type of behavior. Those who do condone this or don't speak out against it have proven they have no respect for the rights and property of others, and thus I'm going to make it clear that I, as well as many who have stated these same points previously, do NOT agree with posting information obtained illegally.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Costner- Get mad all you want. It isn't going to change the behavior.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Four Ring Circus

Costner- Get mad all you want. It isn't going to change the behavior.
I'm not really mad - just trying to open some eyes. If someone took something from one of these guys I'm sure they would see things differently. How many of us would be happy if the tables were turned and people were stealing from us?

The golden rule....that's what it comes down to.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:20 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Any thoughts on all of the pot heads and illiterates on the forums? I appreciate you sticking up for your beliefs. Stealing is wrong, so I will no longer ask for someone to type in a VIN for a free carfax (guilty of one count here).

Old 10-08-2007, 02:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: rock

Personally I'd give you a -20 for promoting the idea that people should steal from carfax. If you appreciate the service they offer then support them by paying for it. This is no better than sneaking a friend into the hospital under your insurance. Yes it doesn't cost YOU anything, but it does cost someone else something.

People will find any excuse not to pay for it. If you can reach this website, you can reach carfax and pay for it. Period.

I look at it like borrowing a tool from a friend. Instead of paying $30 to rent a "tool", I let him borrow mine. It's all good dude. Some people are different.
The problem is, the "friend" in this case is Carfax. Did you ask Carfax if they minded that you loaned their tool to someone else?

Sorry - you simply cannot justify this. It goes against the agreement you made with Carfax when signing up for their service.....or did you not understand what "personal use" means?
Well no... I'm the friend. I bought the carfax report and now it belongs to me. It would have been the same if I printed it out and sent it to him. If I borrow my buddy's Dewalt drill I'm not stealing from Dewalt. I'm just not buying a drill at that time. (Those things are expensive! Worth it though)

"Personal Use" huh? Must have missed that when I didn't read the agreement.

In any case, to me, it's not that big of a deal. I see that some of you are a little upset about it. Some of the members here are a little uptight.I'm beginning to think that there are a few people that work for carfax.com that visit this site. That or your just EXTREME capitalists.

Most of you guys are cool though...

Bottom line is we will not see eye to eye on this and it makes no sense to argue about it online with someone I don't know. Thank you for your opinion though. I don't agree with it but I respect it.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Four Ring Circus

Any thoughts on all of the pot heads and illiterates on the forums? I appreciate you sticking up for your beliefs. Stealing is wrong, so I will no longer ask for someone to type in a VIN for a free carfax (guilty of one count here).
lol....I guess I'm not aware of anyone who is a pothead, and being illiterate isn't a crime.....yet.

Quick Reply: Help With Carfax for an Audi A6